World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats your thoughts on the greys nitra, i think there top rods light balanced and loads of power, was talking to a lad today said the sk3 is a better rod i have to totally disagree the nitra is a far better rod than the sk3 or sk4 soniks thats just my opinion though does any one else have an opinion ?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
after reading threads on greys & soniks snapping i personaly would give these rods a wide birth, the best rods imho are from zziplex century & conoflex there are others but these are the best i have used over the years :drunk:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i do like the soniks very much...... but the Nitra is a better rod IMO.
I have had both, the Greys is a tad tougher to bend, will handle the rough stuff easily enough, but is not an out n out poker.
Given the choice, if I was offered both in similar condition at the same price....I'd take the Nitra

G

·
I had a look at a Nitra in one of our local tackle shops, it's a stiff beastie !! felt like it wouldn't bend with 7oz on it, good rough ground rod I would imagine, but not for me !! I like rods that I can bend, don't know what they cast like but they look/feel like that they're very capable rods.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i was going to get a nitra but went for a supro as it suited my fishing more ive had a few greys rods and found them to be excellent! my brother in law has a few sonik rods which he loves so i think it personal taste both good rods and ive never had a rod snap:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
after reading threads on greys & soniks snapping i personaly would give these rods a wide birth, the best rods imho are from zziplex century & conoflex there are others but these are the best i have used over the years :drunk:
This is getting old now. I own/have owned a few Greys rods and have had no probs with them whatsoever - good bits of kit imo.

·
Registered
567 Posts
had my nitra for years cracking rod had some stick in the rough ground no probs with it what so ever soniks look nice but again to many stories.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
This is getting old now. I own/have owned a few Greys rods and have had no probs with them whatsoever - good bits of kit imo.
how true. i've had no trouble with greys or sonik rods. i often wonder, do rod knockers do it for the sake of it. or is it that they dont know how to use them?

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nothing wrong with greys rods my platinum gsi is as good as any rod i have ever owned and yes i have had zziplexs from bulletts to hst evo`s, standard m427 to m427su`s, e1000, ttr, tts, and i allways find myself drawn to my greys platinum gsi nice and light well balanced and plenty of power and a delight to use.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
how true. i've had no trouble with greys or sonik rods. i often wonder, do rod knockers do it for the sake of it. or is it that they dont know how to use them?
What I'm not keen on is people commenting on gear that they've read about rather than used! It's both misleading and unfair. From the PZ Match to the Greyflex, I find Greys rods light yet powerful, well balanced, and they have great bite detection.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ive had my Nitra since they first came out and its still going strong, its a lovely smooth rod to use, makes a good long range rod on cleaner ground as well.

I would quite happily buy another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had a Nitra for 4 years and really like it. Powerful but smooth, I'm not the best caster but can bend it and hit over 100yds. Does me well on Chesil and Bristol Channel. My other rods are Zziplex double gold and Primo Match, none of em snapped yet touch wood.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Iv had a nitra for 5 years and think its a lovely rod, it surprised me how stiff it was for being light and slim when i first used it on Chesil but after a few casts i got on with it very well. its a good buy if you can get a deal on one of them so worth shopping around. I also have a BZE 3-5oz, PZ match and an Apollo MK1, all of which are lovely rods and get worked regular with no problem.

G

·
I`ve got a nitra and a sonik 4 5-7 oz ,very pleased with them,both rods are used reguarly and both were bought S/H from the auction site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts