World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lads, how are we?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this rod? Have owned one for 8 months now and love it - powerful but detects small bites also. Only disappointment is the lack of a reflective tip. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Well lads, how are we?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this rod? Have owned one for 8 months now and love it - powerful but detects small bites also. Only disappointment is the lack of a reflective tip. Any thoughts?
Yeah...get some mighty bright :thumbs:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi was thinking about getting one myself. Is it 2 equal lengths. Also whats the casting action like. I would love some feed back as I have not meet anyone with one yet and its over an hour to a tackle shop that has one in stock LOL trouble with living in Manchester

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi was thinking about getting one myself. Is it 2 equal lengths. Also whats the casting action like. I would love some feed back as I have not meet anyone with one yet and its over an hour to a tackle shop that has one in stock LOL trouble with living in Manchester
It's a powerful rod with a nice quick tip which doesn't snap back at the end of a cast. It always feels like it has more power in it than you can access

·
Registered
387 Posts
Very nice rods - the only rod I've been tempted into buying a pair! Had mine nearly two years now & consider them a very good all-rounder, capable of coping with just about anything my part of the coast (Northumberland) can throw at them. Only in the roughest of the rough do I find them a little soft in the tip, so then I put them aside in favour of my old Mk1 Apollo. Recently though I've been favouring my SK4, as that is also a very good all-rounder with a bit of a stiffer tip which locks up nicely when fishing the rough. Very good bite detection even when scratching for whiting & the like.

Casting with them is an absolute breeze - found a couple of clips of a guy casting them around 235 metres:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7zeqULUAiA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JjEr7d7AI

hope this helps give you some idea of their action. My only gripe is with the high-build - it very quickly cracked around several of the rings. However I heard this was a problem with their epoxy mix at the time - don't know if it's been sorted. Mind you, after a couple of years getting battered across the rocks, they'll be due a re-build soon anyway.

If I was just going out with one rod to cover any type of fishing (OK - not light bassing or floating or whatever) then the GSI would probably be my first choice.:thumbs::victory:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My only gripe is with the high-build - it very quickly cracked around several of the rings. However I heard this was a problem with their epoxy mix at the time - don't know if it's been sorted. Mind you, after a couple of years getting battered across the rocks, they'll be due a re-build soon anyway.
Found the same thing with mine - epoxy cracked around the rings. Not a big issue now but still annoying

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
think the high build is a greys thing,my supro suffered the same,lovely rod in spite of it:fishing1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts