World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Greys Triplex Beach Rods are Available in 14ft SL (Light - casts up to 4ozs), 14ft (casts up to 5ozs 16ft (casts up to 6ozs) the 16 foot rod was originally rung for multiplies but now they have done a fixed spool version. I own the 16ft multiplied version and is very easy to cast with, an overhead thump can sail a bait to 100 yards. Because you can cast far more gently I find the more delicate baits stay intact better. Bite detection is great. It does wobble a bit in strong wind but if you get a longer or extending tripod it will reduce the effects of wind.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i use a fixed spool on my tripplex no problem what so ever i do believe the rod can take multi or fixed spool , but they now do have a dedecated rod rung for fixed spool , the 16 ft is a powerful rod but abit on the heavy side but you soon get used to it

john

·
Registered
444 Posts
Spot on Beetlejuice - one version is rung for either reel, and one is rung for out and out Fixed Spool use. The Fixed spool version is identified as such, and has Greys product code GRTR16-FS. That one is only available in 16ft version, whereas the ones rung for either reel are in 14 or 16ft versions.

G

·
Hi Mate, i i use both types of reel with my 14`,shimano aerlex and a 7ht and found both work well on 3-4oz lead,great rod for bite showing,i use mine over light to mixed ground,doesn`t like weed [who does},storing and transporting it is easy being a 3 piece,i`d would buy the same again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts