World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wanna put a grip lock reel seat on my Daiwa sandstorm. Tried a couple out of my local tackle shop but there too small. There's a rubber coating on the bottom half of the Sandstorm thats making it too tight to fit the seat over. Any suggestions to what size reel seat I need or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
You say you tried 2 sizes, can you remember which they were?
Grip locks are available in 3 sizes, 25.2mm, 26.1mm and 27.8mm.

I really like these seats and have them on most of my rods. I have once cut off the shrink tube to where i want the top of the seat to sit, and put some new beneath it again so it sits in the right position all the time.
On the odd rod that the range won’t fit i found a smaller penn one for my bass rods (no trigger though) but have to use coasters on the larger diameter ones.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I had the same problem with my old sandstorm. No sliding reel would fit the 29mm butt, so in the end I got a reel seat fitted ( 30mm fuji ) costs about £15.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice fellas, the size I tried was the 27.8mm abu grip lock which was the biggest the shop had. Tried the biggest Fuji they had and that was too tight. I've now stripped off the shrink wrap attached the reel seat and added shrink wrap below the reel seat. Looks alright and does the job.:thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive just tried the 30mm abu garcia reel seat on my sandstorm 2011 model and that didnt fit took of the shrink wrap on the butt and it still wont fit gona send reel seat back tomora.:notworthy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts