World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breakaway wire grip leads can be a pain to store after the wires have been bent for use, until now! This simple but very effective solution keeps the spiky wires concealed away so no more pricked fingers, line tangle or awkwardness to store.

Best of all, this solution for wire grip lead weight storage is simple and quick to make and is very inexpensive and you might just get a little healthier in the process.

See the video here...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yep, likeing that.

·
Registered
AFAW 6 And Bait/4 And Bait 13ft. Abu 6500 TSRi. Akios 757ctm.
131 Posts
I have to admit I just bend the wires flat back to the lead and store them in a bait box with other bits and pieces, but it does look like a neat storage solution you have there.

83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to admit I just bend the wires flat back to the lead and store them in a bait box with other bits and pieces, but it does look like a neat storage solution you have there.
There is always more than one option or idea and we all do what best suits us, my videos just show options that some people may not have thought about before, this idea of using tubes to store the grip lead weights is one that I am definitely going to use myself. If folding back the wires each time after use works for you, great but if you do decide to make the tube system then let me know, great to hear from people who adopt some of my ideas. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and comment, really appreciate that.

·
Registered
15,148 Posts
Here is a similar idea of mine from a few years ago.

Dave .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's my take on the solution. Bought two "shower storage racks " for about three quid from lidl..
Cut to size,then got some foam sheet from the range (£1.00)cut to same size, put some holes in,and bob is your mother's brother! Fits nicely in my box,with enough space for a few weights, plus other bits and bobs,including my rusty pliers!
All great ideas on this thread,keep them coming!

20210407_184509.jpg
20210407_184539.jpg

·
Registered
AFAW 6 And Bait/4 And Bait 13ft. Abu 6500 TSRi. Akios 757ctm.
131 Posts
Here's my take on the solution. Bought two "shower storage racks " for about three quid from lidl..
Cut to size,then got some foam sheet from the range (£1.00)cut to same size, put some holes in,and bob is your mother's brother! Fits nicely in my box,with enough space for a few weights, plus other bits and bobs,including my rusty pliers!

View attachment 1362814 View attachment 1362816
Ingenious.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I use an empty pop bottle, just cut the top off at the length you want.
The plastic they are made from is tough stuff

83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

View attachment 1362814 View attachment 1362816
That's a great DIY lead weight holder, saves buying the real thing. The idea behind my grip weight holder was to hide away the spiky wires and to save space. Between your DIY hack and mine gives people options. Thank you for sharing your idea.

·
Registered
602 Posts
IMG_20210410_144737_resized_20210410_025004192.jpg
IMG_20210410_144755_resized_20210410_025003472.jpg
IMG_20210410_144826_resized_20210410_025004515.jpg

Here are the dimensions. They screw together so if the spool is too tall the bottom of one could be cut out to create a deeper container.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That's a good idea. Do the leads not come loose as it is funnel shaped?
I use the bottom not the top bit, theres no lid, but the leads stay inside as long as your not chucking your box around.
They also make good liners for side pockets on rucksacks, so the wires do not poke through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts