World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have found some right smelly cheese ground bait for sea fishing. By smelly i mean it stinks. Very stiff to mix and should take awhile to break down. Just wondering if any of you have tried it.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Cheese?? Is it marketed as sea bait or you just think cause it stinks?

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
I don't understand the connection Cheese Sea Bait, Catching Sea Fish? i think they caught you :). Might be some old Carp ground bait, trying to get rid of it as sea bait, do you have a photo of the product?. I make my own Ground Bait and it attracts Fish, mainly some fish related bait, old bait, head tails and guts of sea fish, bread crumbs and bran, with a little Pilchard oil, i know it works. All i can advised is to try some yourself the (Cheese sea bait) what are you hoping to catch?, and let us know if it works.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried it on local carp lake and not a sniff. Others walking past commented on the smell!! Will put photo up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I used to use soft cheese moulded onto my hook fishing for bass and mullet next to warships garbage disposal outlets. The excess food was mashed up and discharged and the fish knew where to get a free feed

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_20181017_102652.jpg IMG_20181017_102652.jpg What's so funny? Obviously you haven't seen it before!
I don't understand the connection Cheese Sea Bait, Catching Sea Fish? i think they caught you :). Might be some old Carp ground bait, trying to get rid of it as sea bait, do you have a photo of the product?. I make my own Ground Bait and it attracts Fish, mainly some fish related bait, old bait, head tails and guts of sea fish, bread crumbs and bran, with a little Pilchard oil, i know it works. All i can advised is to try some yourself the (Cheese sea bait) what are you hoping to catch?, and let us know if it works.
Well here you are. Can you see the mullet and bream?

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
View attachment 1125081 View attachment 1125081 What's so funny? Obviously you haven't seen it before!

Well here you are. Can you see the mullet and bream?
I seen plenty of ground bait for fresh water Anglers.
I see Mullet and Dorado Bream so maybe used and aimed at the French, Spanish and Italians in the Mediterranean as for the UK fish you just have to give it a go for some Mullet see what results you get.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seen plenty of ground bait for fresh water Anglers.
I see Mullet and Dorado Bream so maybe used and aimed at the French, Spanish and Italians in the Mediterranean as for the UK fish you just have to give it a go for some Mullet see what results you get.
I didn't mean to sound offish. But yes you are right about it being for French and Spanish looking at the packet again. Will let you know if I catch anything.

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
I didn't mean to sound offish. But yes you are right about it being for French and Spanish looking at the packet again. Will let you know if I catch anything.
No problem, i know ground bait works for me, and mainly with the float, and at certain times and the right tides, other wise you end up feeding other swims, i make up about 6 cricket size balls of ground bait, heavy mix toss in accurately in the same area, then little and often lighter mix drift with the float, will be very interested if it works out for you thank you for the photos and information.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where do you get your bran from mate? Looking to make my own and have guys and old bits of fish and bait etc also beef blood

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
Hi Andi, Tackle shops should have it especially if fresh water and Carp, any pets shops, or from any health food shops but can be a little expensive, best is bulk buy from farm/animal feed mainly for horses. One tip mix it in a big plastic bucket with a sealed lid ( it will will be smelly especially in summer), 50/50 bran and bread crumbs with just old bait fish etc not sure on (beef blood) and a little pilchard oil, a dry mix and seal, then add sea water on the beach saves carrying a lot of weight around, just add enough water to get the right consistency it will bulk up so it’s bit of a trial to get it right don’t add too much water it will be sloppy, unless you take extra dry mix to correct it, or just mix half to the mix with water to start your session.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts