·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alo chaps its only meee!
just found a shed load of yellow macky, squid, and smelt
(i planed to use last winter for the piking) stowed in the bottom
of the freezer!
with recent talk of groundbaiting (in the sea what is the world coming too) i plan to use this on my trip tomorrow off brighton marina east
fishing down the side!
now how do i go about it?

thanks in advance my angling heros!

·
Registered
192 Posts
alo chaps its only meee!
of the freezer!
with recent talk of groundbaiting (in the sea what is the world coming too) i plan to use this on my trip tomorrow off brighton marina east
fishing down the side!

Don't rush to take this out of the freezer, it depends what fish you are after. This groundbait will work for Gars, Scad, Mullet and perhaps an odd Bass. I suggest you cut up finely and place in an onion sack, lower on a rope and occassionally give it a good jerk up and down. You could also add some bread. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
an onion sake? ive turned the place over for such a device
but got a big negative! do they even do them anymore?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
an onion sake? ive turned the place over for such a device
but got a big negative! do they even do them anymore?
Get ur-self down the Brighton open market, an ask the chaps on the fruit and veg stall.Im shaw they would be happy to help......O and thanks for the peelers the other night on the arm at Shoreham..

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get ur-self down the Brighton open market, an ask the chaps on the fruit and veg stall.Im shaw they would be happy to help......O and thanks for the peelers the other night on the arm at Shoreham..
like i say bro no worrys! you looked like the only likely lads that might be able put em to good use!
no time for the market im afraid! just dug up an old john wilson book
and he suggests spooning it in but recon the tide runs gana
make that next to useless

as for the pike idea gord i know the score and these stinky little devels ar fubR!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
use a pair of fishnet stockings fill up one leg and tie up attatch rope and away you go one bait bag for ground baiting

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can get vegetable sacks mail order from the National Mullet Club, think its £6.50 for a pack of 15 including postage. Email the membership officer from the link on the website www.thenationalmulletclub.org - you don't have to join! Much better than chucking the stuff loose into a strong tide, but pulp the fish up well so small bits can escape. Don't reckon fish-net stockings would last five minutes if there's any swell rubbing them against the marina wall!

·
Registered
472 Posts
alo chaps its only meee!
of the freezer!
fishing down the side!

will attracked a lot of spiders if there nare any there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts