World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have another question for you guys. If i am right? the larger the scent trail. the more chance of attrating fish you have?

So i was wondering can you use groundbait from rock marks and beaches etc?

And if so how would you do this? ( how would you conect it to your rig?)

I was going to try sticking mackeral,squid,tuna,herring,rag lotion etc etc with bread in a blender. Then find a way of maybe frezzing in into balls and conecting it to my rig.

Or have i got this all wrong?:g:

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i was gonna use it for some mullet fishing later this week, assuming the weather calms a bit and the water clears some, i plan to use some chopped up mackeral etc in an onion sack, left anchored to the bottom near the rocks i'm going to fish.

you can use a feeder of sorts too, though i need to make one which doesn't get smashed at range !

·
Registered
70 Posts
I haven't tried this yet, but i was going to use one of those white mesh sacks for putting tablets in the washing machine, fill it with left over bait and clip it to my lead loop.

Don't know if its going to work but may as well give it a go.:)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
made up a few swim feeders using 35mm film canisters
randomly holed using a soldering iron
pierce top n botom and feed some 60lb mono through tie off with a swivel one end and a link on other to clip between rig n weight

refill every cast with fresh pupled mix

won my son a junior shore event recently when others aroud him blanked

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are a few ways i ground bait in course fishing,
1: You could try the swim feeder method as mentioned above

2: You could freeze the bait into small round balls and catapult them with a sling shot or a bait catapult (used for launching boilies for carp)

3: You could try PVA bags which melt when they come into contact with water. (much like the mesh bag as mentioned above, but this bag melts)

Hope this helps m8... :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Easiest way is to make up a bucket of the stuff using bread, bran, fish oil and mnced fish bits maybe, keep it quite thick like a paste.

Chuck a spoonful (wooden spoon) into the drink every 5-10 minutes, not too much, just like when after mullet tbh. Use bread as hookbait and you'll be surprised what you catch. Heard of Bass, wrasse, Mullet, Pollack, Bream, Longnose and Mackerel at least on bread using this method.

Better on a slightly deeper mark but at the end of the day, a good trail will get fish intersted and hold them nearby. This is the time to fish very light and have some fun.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Hi lads what i use is a old onion sack fill it with my ground bait go two the place i am going to fish and but a spike though it and hammer it home then wait for the tide to come in and push my ground bait around where i fish tight lines
so that's how you catch all them bass:secret:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think it could be a very affective way of fishing if it was adapted correctly for Sea Fishing

Ben

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi all,

you could always attach a small carp spod which is bigger than a feeder? you could even include pva carp bags with herring oil or similar the oil doesnt melt the pva, add these bags to the minced fish/ old bait? the spod emptys on impact and is designed to be aerodynamic and robust enough for a long cast, i use this tactic when pike fishing in large expanses of water?? just a thought, might be worth trying

JJ:boat:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i use pva bags off the carp boys ,but i have also staked out the onion sacks as well both can work ,i will be using the onion sack at the weekend at dunnet will post something when i am back

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah use a bag with loads of holes in it and fill it will loads of bits of fish but try not to fill it with exotic or expensive stuff my mates are all carp fishermen and they get through 30-50 kg of bait in a few days!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts