World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody got any info on groyne beach just along from lower largo ?

Mark

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure which beach that is Mark. Is that the beach that runs round to Ruddon's point ?

not sure m8 ,i think theres a small river at the far end of the beach . looks good for the odd flounder ,what do you think ?

Mark

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
not sure m8 ,i think theres a small river at the far end of the beach . looks good for the odd flounder ,what do you think ?

Mark
In that case, i think it's the same beach.... the burn is the far side of largo bay.

According to Mr Bob's site, it's quite good for flatties, coalie & macky in the summer.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The burn between Largo and Ruddon's point on the west side of Shell Bay (about in the middle of the whole beach) is the Strathairlie burn,and the one right at Ruddon's Point is the Cockle Mill burn.All along that way used to be very good for various flatties but like everywhere else it's not what it used to be.There are still sea trout,coalies,flats,and mackerel though to be had in this vicinity,and it's likely one of those try it and see places but will likely differ hugely from visist to visit so you'd likely need to go a few times to get a good idea of what is still around.

On the Largo side of the Strathairlie burn,(which you can get to by car by the way from the wee village of Drumeldrie on the main road,just look for the two red/white posts and drive right down to the beach,public parking down there,a bit bumpyish but easily accessible),is a mixture of rocky and sandy bits,but between the tank traps about 400 yards towards Shell Bay from the Strathairlie,and Ruddon's point is pure flat sand,(about a mile or more of it).It's down on my list too for this summer.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
In fact,it might make a good location for a future "Meet and Greet" session.Loads of room both for parking and fishing,and might uncover some new spots with a few people fishing it at the same time.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
been down that way last year looks an ok place tho you'll have to be aware of gate locking times think its 11pm at momentor park ya car other side and walk it
fair walk tho

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
There's a restriction with the access to the caravan site Ade in the winter,the barrier drops at 4pm from October til April,but I think it's open all summer.The access I'm talking about though brings you out on the middle of the beach between Largo and Shell bay,about 2 miles from the caravan park.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a restriction with the access to the caravan site Ade in the winter,the barrier drops at 4pm from October til April,but I think it's open all summer.The access I'm talking about though brings you out on the middle of the beach between Largo and Shell bay,about 2 miles from the caravan park.

cheers for all that info codheadbob m8 , will put it to good use this year .

thanks

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts