World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know any good marks round gt yarmouth area for beach fishing coming down 4 a few days next week thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
North beach is fishing well I hear, target whiting and be pleased with a codling I think may be a good tactic.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Try South beach opposite the pleasure beach. A very under fished mark, but can be very productive. Lug and squid is the bait, 3 hook flapper, size 1 hooks should lure the whiting and the odd codling.:thumbs:

·
Registered
137 Posts
northbeach fishes best down to low water and south beach fishes best up to high water fish directly down from the iron duke pub on north beah and right of the pleasure beach on south beach night tides are the best

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi Pilky, first of all, thanks for acknowledging the replies, there are many who ask, quite curtly at times and never acknowledge the replies or report how they did. Worst of all can be those who have just registered.

I fish those beaches a bit but not enough to really know them. There is a fair tide run through and there is often quite a bit of weed. However, it seems to be the case that you don't need to cast that far at all to be into the fish. Every chance of a bass or hound depending on conditions though I'd imagine whiting will feature the most. Good luck and enjoy.

Lug is quite expensive now, possibly £20-22 either per pound or hundred. You can cheapen the trip by using fish for whiting but lug is best for any cod knocking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts