World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped in the Shack last night for a few pints of Natch and the talk at the bar was about the prospects of catching a few mackerel over Easter. This got me thinking that now is the time when many newbies head to Chesil and I thought it would be helpful to teach them the art of chicken chucking.
1 - Tackle - Basically any rod or reel will do but the older and floppier the better for the rod and a cheap fixed spool loaded to within 1/2'' of the spool lip with 20lb nylon (this is better if it has been used for the last 3 seasons but new line will do at a push if it is your first time) Feathers must be strings of at least 6 hooks and be the cheapest possible and prefreably badly tied on 30lb nylon. Finish this off with a 6oz lead and you are ready to go.
2 - Where to fish - When you arrive at the beach the best spot is as near to the car as you can get. If you are late you may have to walk a bit but any gap of about 20' will do as long as there are not more then 4 of you fishing together. Do not worry if someone is bottom fishing as your constant casting over their lines, swearing and loud radio will soon see them packing up and giving you more space anyway.
3 - Casting - This needs to be done as powerfully as possible, run ups, jumping and wild swinging all help. Have a few spare strings set up as the odd crack off is to be expectedbut if you are lucky it may fly along the beach so you can pick it up from your neighbours peg where it may have tangled around his rod stand.
4 - Fish care - When you catch some fish fling them on the shingle and let them flap about, this will tire them out and they will soon die. Leaving them in the sun will dry the fishes skin and make them easier to pick up later. After a few hours collect all your fish and pile them in a bin bag. This should be tied up and then carried over your shoulder and dumped in the car boot. Do not forget to stop for a few pints as it is nice and hot, parking the car in a sunny spot will improve the fishes flavour. Arrive home late remove bin bag from the car and place in the freezer as it is to ensure you have top class bait available for the rest of the season....................
Roll on summer:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My last post was too serious,

Following on from the "fit 10 fisherman into 2ft of beach", watch them do it, and then to top that they put the worst caster in the middle of the bunch, this actually self regulates the amount of fishing any of them can do and helps keep the Mackeral stocks up.

FishermanFigg

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Classic, :clap3: one of the best posts I have read in a long time.

A few additions:

Dehydration on a hot sunny day can be a problem so ensure you bring at least 24 cans of larger.

So the fish don't pick you out in the crowd ensure you wear this seasons replica Man Utd or Liverpool shirt.

Most importantly, leave the sun cream at home! This is to build up your resistance to sun burn for when you head to Majorca this summer to sit by the pool side all week with your sreaming kids and ugly wives.

·
Registered
553 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What a post!!!
Also one for us proper anglers, WEAR A HARD HAT, especially down the Fly Cellars.:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

·
Registered
123 Posts
What a great post mate. LMFAO!!!!!
What a shame though that none of the people you are talking about are into angling enough to ever look at this site and read your post. Maybe then they would actually learn something.
Very funny indeed :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
"So the fish don't pick you out in the crowd ensure you wear this seasons replica Man Utd or Liverpool shirt"
ha what about the chelsea scum?:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you not need the compulsory 60 ltr cool box to keep the beer in you don,t want that gettin warm it,s the only thing keeping you from sun stroke / third degree burns don,t you also need the 3/4 length shorts with umbro trainers and no socks to go with the replica shirt possible additions ( large gold/silver chain sovereign rings, I D bracelet, and a tribal tattoo or some obscure chinese writing)

you chavs make me so angry

·
Registered
213 Posts
Everything being said here is so true i laughed like hell at the original post and as for the holidays in majorca what could be more true.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks SGT, have printed your instructions off will follow them to the letter and will use them this summer. You interested in joining the Team Extreme??

Hows Marge??? lord I loved her.......................

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Homer
I'm staying out of the Team Extreme debate far too nasty for me and I am not extreme enough :giveup: I think I am safer just sticking to my mackerel basher bashing. The first post boasting of "200 fish in an hour at Abbotsbury" is due any day and I am waiting to pounce!
Not seen Marge for a while I thought she was back with you? Although I did think I saw a familiar looking hair do when I drove through Minehead this evening. Alas no time to stop in McDonalds otherwise I might have managed a better dog then the one which snaffled my sandeel on the beach. There were a few walking the sea front and with todays sun a few were just starting to turn pink!
Sarge.
PS Glad you guys liked my post. I like to have a little rant every now and again:) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts