World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the factory spacings please for the old Century Fireblade Sport 13ft ?

I think there was no butt guide as the tip is 7ft and 5ft butt.(multiplier version)

I ve got one to rebuild........I ll work em out if nobody has them but it would be really helpful if anybody has the factory spacings please.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you have not got the spacings by tomorrow I will dig my Fireblade Sport out.

I moved house back in March, got a badly infected hand in May. My beach rods are still in the tubes I packed them in for the house move - my hand has still not recovered fully.

·
Registered
13,345 Posts
Does anybody know the factory spacings please for the old Century Fireblade Sport 13ft ?

I think there was no butt guide as the tip is 7ft and 5ft butt.(multiplier version)

I ve got one to rebuild........I ll work em out if nobody has them but it would be really helpful if anybody has the factory spacings please.

Dave.

I stripped a factory built one down two three years back and noted the guide spacing, just found them in the old book.

From the ring of the tip guide (in position) measuring towards the butt

4inch, 8.5inch, 13.5inch, 19inch, 26inch, 36.5inch 52.5inch, 75.75inch All those sizes to the ring of each guide.

Guide sizes from tip down (10 tip) were 10 / 10 / 12 / 12 / 16 / 20 / 25 / 30

I`ve noted in the book that I changed the 30 and 25 to a 25 and extra 20, customers choice and he said it worked fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the replies. I stripped this rod and fitted a captive reducer and rebuilt at 14ft.......I never noted the originals...oops !

Thank you again that has given me the information I needed much appreciated.

Regards.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The Fireblade quickly became my all time favourite shore rod. The glass in the tip helps "feel" the cast loading and shows bites more progressively than straight through carbon.

This last few years I spent quite a bit of time on ebay buying, then trying, several Century rods. Some old like the G1 and right on to the Kompressor SS. The Fireblade is the only one I have kept, meaty enough for the rough ground but casts brilliantly and has much better bite detection than any other rough ground rod I have owned.

Well worth a rebuild to keep going.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I aquired my Fireblade a few years ago and it was in factory build at the time, with orange and brown whippings. The decals were in a very sorry state unfortunately not in a state that I could salvage. I ve contacted Century and I have been told that the rods from that era were , in the majority, screen printed as opposed to stickers or transfers. The screens may still be in existance but Mr Chillcot could not be sure, plus the cost of postage etc plus the process on top was just not worth it.

Does anyone know of, or has anyone been able to make some accurate replacement Century Formula transfers ?

Thank you in advance,

Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.