World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL,

HAS ANYONE USED BERKLEY GULP BAIT HERE. IT IS MADE OF RUBBERY STUFF SO DOES IT WORK VERY WELL. ALSO IT MUST LAST LONG SHOULDENT IT? IF ITS MADE OF A STRECHY MATERIAL I SUIPPOSE YOU COULD USE IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

PM ME SOON

WILL93 :g: :g: :g: :g: :g:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Gulp is the noise you make when you realise you have wasted your money on it!
It is ok fished as a lure but as a static bait to replace the real thing, forget it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Gulp is the noise you make when you realise you have wasted your money on it!
It is ok fished as a lure but as a static bait to replace the real thing, forget it.
the gulp noise!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Gulp baits are absolutely brilliant, they have caught more anglers than even Lazy Lug, and that's saying something. As for fish, they've got more sense :)

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
i take it your not using gulp baits at felixtowe then?!!.....dave.:yucky:
Im using gulp, licolnshire peeler crab and lazy lug, just like the Dungie meet.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Absolute pwp just click on search - type in Gulp and the only person using it is SSB - and she's strange:unsure:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As Cascars said, as good as any other lure if used as a lure and "worked", but pap if fished static.

·
Registered
29 Posts
LMAO Okay to ease the confusion we'll try this one more time. To all those new to this topic please ignore any perceived sarcasm or disdain. A lure is technically artificial, although the gulp products are not real FISH they ARE a food grade protein and are NOT technically artificial.

If you can not tell at a glance how the properties of the product operate in catching fish then DO NOT USE THEM!!! I have been a bait fisherman for 30 years and although I have resisted lures for the majority of that time Gulp baits when fished side by side (properly) OUTFISH static baitseverytime and are very competitive against live baits.

To fish lures successfully you have to understand the habitat, predatory behaviour and natural foodsource of the fish you are hunting, if this is too much to think about, throw on a piece of dead fish try your luck.

BTW gulp are great deep sea lures and can be rigged as a very effective jig BUT these were designed to fish the shallows and reefs, I have had great success going walk about looking for nice little washes and gutters coaxing the odd reef snapper into my belly.

Again, if you like lure fishing then these things will rock your world (and the Mrs, when it comes to cleaning up time - remember freshly caught fish don't smell) BUT if your rod holder catches more fish then you these will NOT float your boat!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Right, next time I'm fishing for snapper in the crystal clear waters of the Essex riviera, I might give these a go! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMAO Okay to ease the confusion we'll try this one more time. To all those new to this topic please ignore any perceived sarcasm or disdain. A lure is technically artificial, although the gulp products are not real FISH they ARE a food grade protein and are NOT technically artificial.

If you can not tell at a glance how the properties of the product operate in catching fish then DO NOT USE THEM!!! I have been a bait fisherman for 30 years and although I have resisted lures for the majority of that time Gulp baits when fished side by side (properly) OUTFISH static baitseverytime and are very competitive against live baits.

To fish lures successfully you have to understand the habitat, predatory behaviour and natural foodsource of the fish you are hunting, if this is too much to think about, throw on a piece of dead fish try your luck.

BTW gulp are great deep sea lures and can be rigged as a very effective jig BUT these were designed to fish the shallows and reefs, I have had great success going walk about looking for nice little washes and gutters coaxing the odd reef snapper into my belly.

Again, if you like lure fishing then these things will rock your world (and the Mrs, when it comes to cleaning up time - remember freshly caught fish don't smell) BUT if your rod holder catches more fish then you these will NOT float your boat!
Does anyone know what he is talking about:unsure:.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was sucked into fishing them static. One rod with gulp and another with worm. Gulp zero, worm 6. Even the crabs didn't seem to rate it. I also tried another brand. Zilch again.

They can be spun effectively. Wouldn't argue about that. Better than other lures. Pass I can't fish 2 spinning rods easily and want to catch fish.

John

1 - 20 of 40 Posts