World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He lads.. been a while, been on sabatical on the chalkstreams of hampshire....

Just come back from gunwharf at lunch time... have u seen the size of the bass in the pool there FLIPPIN heck there are some lunkers in there, some beastly ballans also...

anything doing down eastney ATM, been thinking i should go do a bit of lazy fishing

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to uni there a few years ago. take a pic if you can, would be interesting to see

I work at the uni mate.. i was going to go down with my digi camera tommorow if the weather is good, may need a polarising filter to get the best shot of em but will try

·
South East Regular
835 Posts
I work at the uni mate.. i was going to go down with my digi camera tommorow if the weather is good, may need a polarising filter to get the best shot of em but will try
Ah wicked - what do you do there? Shame i'm not still in the area, would have loved to have seen that!

·
Registered
489 Posts
i ususally nick a bread roll off the tables and feed them agressive as anything!! then i start thinking about what i would do to have an hour alone with that pool a spinning rod and a dexter wedge!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i ususally nick a bread roll off the tables and feed them agressive as anything!! then i start thinking about what i would do to have an hour alone with that pool a spinning rod and a dexter wedge!!
It is sorely tempting but the thing is the one thing you will do is get nicked!!!

They belong to the Sea Life Centre who have stocked them in there.

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
There isn't half as many bass in there as there used to be. Most of em have been pinched!

When they were first put in there by the sealife centre they were mega skinny, Fish that should be around 8lb would be lucky to scrape 4lb.

Been in there a few years now and got a very good little eco system going on in there.

Loads of baitfish, wrasse, smelt, bream. in there now

The bass are nice and healthy now, Some real fat fish in there.

They have bread and now have loads of baby bass in there,

Those fish will take almost, Seen em take bread, whole ice cream cones, Even malteasers and other sweets.

·
Registered
867 Posts
There isn't half as many bass in there as there used to be. Most of em have been pinched!

When they were first put in there by the sealife centre they were mega skinny, Fish that should be around 8lb would be lucky to scrape 4lb.

Been in there a few years now and got a very good little eco system going on in there.

Loads of baitfish, wrasse, smelt, bream. in there now

The bass are nice and healthy now, Some real fat fish in there.

They have bread and now have loads of baby bass in there,

Those fish will take almost, Seen em take bread, whole ice cream cones, Even malteasers and other sweets.

Went diving in there last summer just to see what was actually in there... only saw a couple of relatively small bass (about a lb or so)... think the bigger ones were hiding from me!.. but also saw pollack, bream, some nice flounders, various species of goby (which were the most abundant fish in there) corkwing wrasse, some quite big ballan wrasse (about 2-3lb) a few goldsinney wrasse and a shoal of smelt (which look absolutely amazing underwater).

There were also a few shore crabs and the odd large spider crab too... its mostly a muddy bottom with rocks all along each side wall, as well as a few old plastic chairs, traffic cones and other usual rubbish that you'd expect to find!

Took a few pics whilst I was in there so have attached a few here for interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
It is sorely tempting but the thing is the one thing you will do is get nicked!!!

They belong to the Sea Life Centre who have stocked them in there.
Really annoying though!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts