World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well found a Hardy Navigator 18 with an 85HP Suzuki two stroke in Wales,guy accepted the deal I asked him for details for to send the deposit hoping to pick her up as soon as the tides would allow. That was yesterday evening this morning he rang to say his nephew didn't want to sell anymore.
Such is life and they are a good boat,at least I believe they are.
Back to the drawing board.
Cheer's Bill.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
That's annoying - sounds like it was a good choice. Sometimes though things are just meant to be - maybe the engine's going to throw a rod in the next hour of running!

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bill. Sounds like the old "i got a better offer" scam. Some people just wont honour what has been agreed.
It wasnt meant to be, but something else will come along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a Warrior 165 about 2 weeks ago agreed the deal over the phone and immediately paid a £500 deposit only to be told at a later date there was a problem with the trailer I said it didn’t matter I would arrange transport but the seller wouldn’t have it and returned my deposit no discussion he wouldn’t answer the phone etc, you are not alone.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know,sad isn't it. Nice to find an honest broker or someone who's word means something.

Cheers,
Bill.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
This any good - clearly needs a lot of work but a great hull and a good engine of its been looked after ok- and at least with needing the work it’s not so likely having a lot of people chasing it and offering more once you’ve shaken hands on the deal - but any boat you’re looking at, I’d arrange to go and see it straight away and be prepared to take it straight home so the seller doesn’t have a chance to find another buyer
67606B85-6E64-4014-A8A7-82F277246D2E.jpeg
D05AE744-C4E4-49EE-BB14-ECA32A69F9CC.jpeg

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that one,I'm not sure what they are like, freeboard etc.
I will give it another look.
Thanks Clinker.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts

I don't think you'd have any problems with the freeboard - same hull still in use today for the Pirate 18 (with a few modifications to the stem) and they sell them rated up to 150hp.

This one has the original inner skin removed and a load of ribs added by the look of things - probably a good thing as it will mean the foam between the inner and outer skins has been removed too - possibly means there has also been a replacement deck and/or transom. It would be a nice project if it's just cosmetic things to attend to and that engine should be pretty bullet proof.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
belfast bill,i am sure i have seen one for sale in north wales(i live there) give me a couple of days to check where

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lady half Pint, 26ft would be too much for me,I have paid the deposit on a Hardy 18 fisherman with a 50hp four stroke Yamaha with 239 hrs on it going to pick it up Sunday/Monday. I hope there a good boat,looks to be plenty of room for fishing and a nice we forward facing cabin,four stroke Suzuki auxiliary as well.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lady Half Pint,I think that one will be to big. I have paid a deposit on a HARDY 18 Fisherman, hoping to go and pick her up Sunday/Monday. How do I PM you some pictures??

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking for new electric bit's now, anyone know about the Garmin 3010c unit? would it be ok for a plotter and then buy a stand alone finder? How about the Garmin Echomap chirp 54dv gps MFD w GTM23M-TM Transducer. All help appreciated.
Cheer's Bill.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Looking for new electric bit's now, anyone know about the Garmin 3010c unit? would it be ok for a plotter and then buy a stand alone finder? How about the Garmin Echomap chirp 54dv gps MFD w GTM23M-TM Transducer. All help appreciated.
Cheer's Bill.
Ive got the 3010c. I use it for my radar and the ff for simple depth and oldschool sonar. You cannot get charts or upgrades for it anymore and the last chart upgrade possible was circa 2012/2014 if i recall correctly. They are nice and big and lovely units, but I wouldnt bother.

The echomap will do a fine job as a basic fishfinder.

Reactions: Norm B
1 - 20 of 70 Posts