World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am alittle confused with the advice given to me about the best tim to fish the Estuary and nearby beaches, first I was told to fish the incoming tide....then 1 hour before & 1 hour after high water....then 3 hours before high water.....then 2 hours before & 2 hours after high water!:bangin: So, I am a little confused. Also I am finding it near-on impossible to find a tide table to cover the dates that I am away: 30th August - 12th September...the near'est so far is Llanelli.........If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful!!!:punk:

Regards,

magnumis3

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Like most marks people have their own favourite times to fish. But if you look to fish the flooding tide it doesn't really matter if you stay on and fish the ebb for a while!
://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/Easytide/EasyTide/index.aspx go there and type in the postcode for the campsite .

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hi if you fish on the Camarthen Bay site at the far end where the 2 sandy patches are you'll only get the one hour either side of high water. The numbers of the chalets by there are 5 - 8. If you have a look at it over low water you'll see the 2 places. It also shows up if you google earth the site tight lines George

·
Registered
37 Posts
The llanelli tide times would be fine for this estuary as there's only a minute or two difference with ferryside which is just round the corner from the estuary.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Like most marks people have their own favourite times to fish. But if you look to fish the flooding tide it doesn't really matter if you stay on and fish the ebb for a while!
://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/Easytide/EasyTide/index.aspx go there and type in the postcode for the campsite .
This goes for Cefn sidan beach as to the estuary near the camp site read the other post,

·
Registered
865 Posts
As it's an estuary - you will only be able to fish certain marks at certain times, hence why you have received so many options.

If you fish the incoming tide under the church in St Ishmaels - you could start whenever you like and fish the tide right up and then all the way back down if you like. It fishes reasonably well at any stage of the tide - the incoming tide seems to fish better though.

But if you fish directly in front of the camp - you will only be able to fish for about 5 hours around HW (tide dependent).

Best if you get to the holiday camp and see for yourself.

If your still struggling - you can get a Llanelli based tide table from any of the local tackle shops.

Dan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who replied to this posting, it really is a great help to get this info quickly and from people who obviously know what they are talking about, once again, many thanks.:clap2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks to all who replied to this posting, it really is a great help to get this info quickly and from people who obviously know what they are talking about, once again, many thanks.:clap2:
p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts