World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all anyone know what was caught in the open at St Brides last night ???

·
Registered
686 Posts
hi mate,
the comp was won with a 6 lb bass and a codling, plenty of codling weighed in and the odd flounder. myself i weighed in a small strap, the only one caught i think.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
hi mate,
the comp was won with a 6 lb bass and a codling, plenty of codling weighed in and the odd flounder. myself i weighed in a small strap, the only one caught i think.
tidy bass that - nice to see codling weighing in.....
have they got to be 18 inches to qualify???:g: have to it my club.........
well done on the conger m8 - any size??? :g:

·
Registered
213 Posts
i fished the open with thorny. very windy and very cold. the winner was steve llewelyn from my club( rhondda sac). his bass was 5lb 12 and his cod was 4lb 6. i came 6th with a cod of 4lb 8. as always thorny blanked!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
i fished the open with thorny. very windy and very cold. the winner was steve llewelyn from my club( rhondda sac). his bass was 5lb 12 and his cod was 4lb 6. i came 6th with a cod of 4lb 8. as always thorny blanked!!!!!!!!!!!!
well in there m8 - some nice fish caught! :clap3: :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I DIDNT BLANK JUST DIDNT FEEL LIKE CATCHING ANYTHING, THAT ALL. YOU GIMP.LOVE THORNY :kissing:

·
Registered
213 Posts
be truthful now thorny. when did you buy your carbon metal? and what the biggest fish caught on it so far?

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
493 Posts
WHATS IT TO YOU RUBBER NUT:blink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
dont worry. i'll take you under my wing and we'll see if we can put a bend in it on sunday. follow me and you cant go far wrong!!!!!!!!! still waiting to know how that rod has done you?

:kissing: :kissing: :kissing:

·
Registered
493 Posts
LEAST I STILL GOT MINE NOT LIKE YOUR DUMP GRAYS BAG 'O' BUM CENTURY IS THE WAY FORWARD:clap2:

·
Registered
213 Posts
at least i know what mine feels like with a tidy fish!!! greys all the way!!!!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
493 Posts
THAS UNCALLED FOR IM OFF SEE YOU SOON. HUGS AND KISSES YOUR BEST BUM BUDDY tHORNY :fishing1: :wub: :wub: :bye2: :wiggle: :whistling :eek:fftopic: :love: :bangin: :busted_co

·
Registered
594 Posts
last time i fished a gwent open at st.brides i caught a conger of about 3-4lb and took good care of him changing the water a couple of times, and when i weighed him in, and was going to put him back in my bucket they said they had to keep him till everything was sorted, i found out they put the poor ****er in a seethrough bag, and then i said to sort it out and they put him in my bucket, so i went for a pint came back to put him back and my bucket was full of eels, which slimed up the water and there was about 7-8 dead eels in there! what a bunch of ****ers. I wont mention names, but more care needs to be taken off fish at these comps!!

RANT OVER!!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Not being funny but thats why i dont fish comps anymore.
same here mate!! I used to fish with the elysians, for about 2-3 years, even won the junior championships one year and then came 11th the next year, it wasnt too bad in the club comps, dont know what other clubs were like.

but opens can be rearlly bad, i remember loads of opens down at cardiff foreshaw, and some TIT had the bright idea to have the weigh in at the fleurs pub in splot!, what chance have all tose eel's and whiting that people are only weighing inn, got of getting back to the sea alive??? a few times i remember seeing mabey 20-30 fish left in the carpark for the bin, i took a flounder and a red gurnard for my tea. i dont know if this still happens but i think it needs to be sorted out!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
ive seen it happen at amroth comps,makes me sick.this was a few days after the comp.went fishing,and by where they had the wiegh in for the comp there were a few buckets(thought ill have one of them!).took the lid off one few flounder dead in it!f*cking disgusting.havent fished a comp since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts