World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you just want plenty of bites n your not bothered what species you catch there are plenty of Whiting n Doggies of the wall everywhere...Just stick something fishy on the hook n chuck it out , long or short makes no difference...I know its not everybodies idea of decent fishing but after a difficult few weeks its been great just to see the tip pull round again...Marvelous!..

·
Registered
137 Posts
hoping to get off gynn this weekend sometime......would love plenty of bites and dont really care about species......could some1 please advise me of baits and rigs to use ta target the doggies?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
hoping to get off gynn this weekend sometime......would love plenty of bites and dont really care about species......could some1 please advise me of baits and rigs to use ta target the doggies?
hi matey,if i was going to fish for dogs i would use a 2 hook rig ,on the bottom hook on a 3/0 hook baited with a strip of mackeral or squid about 2 to 3 inches by 1 inch , and on the other hook a smaller fish bait on a size 1 hook. this will give you a chance of hooking the hoards of whiting that will decend on your bait, off the gynn the whiting only seem to be tiny fish but when they are in they can become a pest stripping bait off larger hooks in seconds, bet your first doggie takes the small hook!:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle: by the way doggies will take worm/crab and just about anything else you throw in the water but fish bait has always got the best results

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll not go far wrong with what billy said but if im targeting dogs i fish a two hooked(1/0s)clipped down rig with mackerel on both hooks with a good lashing of bait elastic to secure them....Its cheap fishing baitwise down there at the mo , over two tides my bait bill has come to less than £2.50 , the price of a big fresh mackerel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts