World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen the gyr falcon that has been hanging around between trevose and the rumps,went down to stepper for a walk the other day and i reckon there was a thousand twitchers there ,this is some bird pure white about the size of a buzzard,apparantly its been feeding on herring gulls,just imagine the power it would need to take one of them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi All,

Gyr Falcons are very similar to Peregrines, except that they are much bigger and so slightly slower! They are a falcon much used in Medieval falconry because of their ability to take much larger prey than the Peregrin!!

I think that they should be introduced all over Cornwall.......soon thin out the Herring gulls, which should in turn lessen their competition for food in the towns, thus reducing the rather hilarious sport of "Unaware Tourist waving a Pasty/Ice cream etc induced Gull attack!!" LOL

frags.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thats the only thing I like about the gulls. Its so funny when you see them mug the emmets. Lol........ I am definately going to get dive bombed or sh#t on now.
I hate karma.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts