World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and girls.......I have come up with a wee idea with regards this meet; let me know what you think. :secret:

I will not fish the beach at Eastney on the given date as I do not have the gear (as yet) or the casting ability to reach the fishies and although I am looking forward to meeting you lot, I have no desire to stand there with you all and blank.

SO.............I plan to fish South Parade pier instead!! The pier is within sight of the beach, so my plan will be to meet with everyone at the start (and then afterwards (in a pub would be nice?!) for those that wish). If anyone would care to join me on the pier; that would be great (and might leave a little more room on the beach).

Lee has told me that I do not know how to fish and I need to completely rethink everything I do!! :blink: LOL. Personally, I think I am a half decent angler, who simply does not have the gear or the casting technique to reach the fish on a beach that requires a decent chuck...that will come!! I am most experienced in carp fishing....best 37 1/2lb) so I'm not having that from a West Country webbed foot!! :yucky: Rightly or wrongly, I would back myself against anyone as long as I can reach the fish and the pier will provide just that. :clap2:

Consequently, I will be challenging Lee (foolishly.....or maybe not?!) to an 'I will catch more than you friendly' comp on the day........anyone want to fish for the pier team?! LOL. :kissing:

Thoughts please. Regards All.

Andy. :notworthy

·
Banned
431 Posts
ok ac i declare war now you fish the pier il fish the beach ok and its total weight m8 and you no whats coming dont you lol

il kick your ass once again m8 lol

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I will be bringing my fish with me from Tesco!! :)

Do I need to bring score cards to the meet or is it just a friendly meet?? Let me know soon as I will have to get them sorted.

·
Banned
431 Posts
sorry to p on your parade ac but the meet on the 1 april will be on the beach not the pier i said last week il let you use 2 of my rods m8 as if you fish the pier then its unfair as you will be in deeper water and closer to the shipping channel and if the pier was allowed then ppl could bag up on gar fish wrasse etc so to be fair m8 its the beach and only the beach m8.bagstar if you could bring the cards down then that would be great m8

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
sorry to p on your parade ac but the meet on the 1 april will be on the beach not the pier i said last week il let you use 2 of my rods m8 as if you fish the pier then its unfair as you will be in deeper water and closer to the shipping channel and if the pier was allowed then ppl could bag up on gar fish wrasse etc so to be fair m8 its the beach and only the beach m8.bagstar if you could bring the cards down then that would be great m8
dont worry lee he's just turning yellow, i'll stand beside you bud:)

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I will be more than happy to stay on the beach and watch Howie catch some fish!!! I expect another fine blanking session from myself. :)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
bagstar if you could bring the cards down then that would be great m8
Hang on a mo, lads. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone among those of us from Sussex planning to come along in thinking that 1 April was supposed to be a friendly meet - not a comp of any kind. Surely the first friendly comp is on 28 April at West Bexi?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hang on a mo, lads. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone among those of us from Sussex planning to come along in thinking that 1 April was supposed to be a friendly meet - not a comp of any kind. Surely the first friendly comp is on 28 April at West Bexi?
Agreed. Count me out if it's a comp. :uhuh:

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lee.......What does fairness have to do with it?! This is supposed to be a FRIENDLY MEET not a comp so why would we need scorecards? The bit about the pier team was a joke between us.....people are coming for a meet and to fish a new venue; we will alienate people if we start suggesting that it is a comp.

I am a novice and as you know, still fish with my carp rods; if fishing the pier gives me the ability to catch more fish and have a better day out then that is what I will do mate (and anyone else who wishes to join me will be more than welcome).

Big Love.

Andy. :kissing:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Andy - if I am not working and can make it, I am up for giving the pier a go. Having fished eastney with some HHAC members last week I also think my casting inst enough to get the distance required to get amongst the fish from the beach. Anyway, havent fished a pier for years so fancy a change
Niall

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
well if there is more fish on the peir im up for it.

Jamie

·
Banned
431 Posts
sorry sorry ppl it is a MEET and NOT COMP lol it will be a friendly meet on the BEACH M8 sorry its just the way my head works STRANGE i no but lol thats me in a nut shell pmpl the reason i said the pier is out of bounds is simply as you will be in deeper water there and as its a meet then it will be fair on all to fish the beach m8 and if im rite the meet on the 28 is a MEET and not a comp unless ppl want to turn the 28 into a comp
tight lines
howie aka lee

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
The 28th is meant to be the first friendly COMP of the regional league Howie.
Not only that but it is the first D.A.B meet/comp and it is one rod! for good reasons, the forst being it is better for less experienced anglers as they have a better chance of success. as for the meet on 1ST April, I had no idea there was a pier there in the first place, but as i will be two days out of a knee op i will be taking the pier thanks.
The thing that maybe looks a bit queer is the fact that apparently most of the fish are being caught at distance at eastney? yet you are insisting that it is only to be held on the beach and you think it unfair if people get to "bag up" on the pier.
good luck to them mate, you cannot expect poor casters to stand on a beach with bugger all chance of catching a fish when decent casters can pull fish in.
it's only my view though, not having a go.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Not only that but it is the first D.A.B meet/comp and it is one rod! for good reasons, the forst being it is better for less experienced anglers as they have a better chance of success. as for the meet on 1ST April, I had no idea there was a pier there in the first place, but as i will be two days out of a knee op i will be taking the pier thanks.
The thing that maybe looks a bit queer is the fact that apparently most of the fish are being caught at distance at eastney? yet you are insisting that it is only to be held on the beach and you think it unfair if people get to "bag up" on the pier.
good luck to them mate, you cannot expect poor casters to stand on a beach with bugger all chance of catching a fish when decent casters can pull fish in.
hang on a min ian m8 rite the pier is deeper water much deeper than the beach ok you have different fish on and around the pier than you have on the beach ok SO THE PIER IS OUT OF BOUNDS TO ALL AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET EVERYONE ON THE PIER SO ONCE AGAIN ITS OUT OF BOUNDS AND AS FOR YOU IAN LIKE I SAID M8 SOME OF US WILL HELP YOU AS FROM WRER YOU PARK YOUR CAR TO WERE YOU FISH IS A 1 MIN WALK OUT OF CAR BEACH WATER FISH SIMPLE AS FOR THE PIER PARK YOUR CAR SOMEWHERE WALK ABOUT 200/400 YRDS TO THE PIER THEN WALK ABOUT ANOTHER200YRDS TO THE END OF THE PIEWR AND DOWN STEPS ONCE AGAIN THE PIER IS OUT OF BOUNDS I HOPE I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR ON THAT IF WHAT I HAVE PUT DOWN UPSETS PPL THEN SORRY BUT IT WAS A BEACH MATCH TO START WITH NOT A BEACH/PIER MATCH OK
TIGHT LINES
HOWIE LEE
HHAC CHAIRMAN/MATCH ORGANIZER

·
Banned
431 Posts

HOW CAN 1 ROD MEAN MORE FISH IAN?:uhuh: :g: THINK YOU MEAN 2 RODS THEN PPL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF CATCHING FISH. OK THE MORE EXPERIANCED ANGLER CAN FISH 2 RODS BUT THEY MUST WALK A DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE NOVICE ANGLERS (WEST BEXINGTON) AND FISH 2 RODS THEN WALK TO SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT TEAM TO GET THE CARDS MARKED THEN PUT FISH BACK INTO THE WATER I DONT NO ABOUT YOU OR HOW MANY MATCHES YOU HAVE FISHED IAN M8 BUT I DO NO WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.OR WE DO IT THIS WAY WE ALL MEET AT THE CAR PARK(WEST BEX)AT 930 AND FIND OUT HOW MANY PPL WANT TO FISH 1/2 RODS ON THE DAY THEN WE GO WITH THE MAJORITY OK THAT SEEMS FAIR ENOUGH TO ME AND MANY OF HERE :)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
cool, lets do it this way then
you deal with the friendly on 1st april how you see fit. I will do the same with the 28th April.
but yo uneed to understand that i will be gutted if i need help off anyone , especially as i will be on crutches and a pier seems very appealing to me, and who exactly cares where we fish or how many species will be thre?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
HOW CAN 1 ROD MEAN MORE FISH IAN?:uhuh: :g: THINK YOU MEAN 2 RODS THEN PPL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF CATCHING FISH. OK THE MORE EXPERIANCED ANGLER CAN FISH 2 RODS BUT THEY MUST WALK A DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE NOVICE ANGLERS (WEST BEXINGTON) AND FISH 2 RODS THEN WALK TO SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT TEAM TO GET THE CARDS MARKED THEN PUT FISH BACK INTO THE WATER I DONT NO ABOUT YOU OR HOW MANY MATCHES YOU HAVE FISHED IAN M8 BUT I DO NO WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.OR WE DO IT THIS WAY WE ALL MEET AT THE CAR PARK(WEST BEX)AT 930 AND FIND OUT HOW MANY PPL WANT TO FISH 1/2 RODS ON THE DAY THEN WE GO WITH THE MAJORITY OK THAT SEEMS FAIR ENOUGH TO ME AND MANY OF HERE :)
where have i said one rod means more fish? and why are you typing in capitals?

and how many comps are fished with two rods?

·
Banned
431 Posts
Ian I Was Trying To Help You Out With A Plaice To Fish So That You Didnt Have Very Far To Walk As I No This Venue As You Will Have To Park Up Somewhere And Walk To The Pier As If You Fishred The Beach You Park Your Car Right Next To The Beach And The Water Is About 50 Yrds Away From You On The Beach Sorry That I Have Tried To Help Out Someone Who Will Be On Crutches Next Time I Wont Bother To Help Ppl Out On Here

·
Banned
431 Posts
i have known a fair few comps that you can fish 2 rods.you seem to be missing the point arnt you if you match a novice with an experianced angler then the novice will learn a thing or to from the other angler that is being fair before the start of the meet you find out who is novices and whom are the better anglers then you match them up novices,better angler and so on then you are being fair to all then the novice can learn a few tricks by watching and talking to the more experianced angler then thats fair while they are fishing the friendly meet/comp

1 - 20 of 100 Posts