World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents.

What with all the recent aggravation (some of which I evidently caused and am sorry for.....see below), I thought it might be a sensible idea to step back, read through all the threads, do some fishing, relax (in between work and family life) and then construct a considered thread.

Firstly........I am an AR*E!! :uhuh: I decided to fish the pier on the 1st having spent a long day fishing the beach and catching very little, I made that decision impetuously and without thinking it through properly. What I should have done is ask myself what I could do in order to give myself a better chance of catching from the beach on the 1st and seek to improve myself as an angler......which is my usual attitude.

Also, I should have checked on the likelihood of the decking being mended and tide times before posting. The pier is very much a low water venue and as such will not fish well until the evening (and anyway, having made enquiries.....it is evident anglers don't matter :yucky: and it is highly unlikely that the decking will be fixed in time).

ALL THAT SAID...............THE SHOW MUST GO ON!! :clap2:

Hampshire Hookers Angling Club still exists and will continue to do so; I have spoken with Lee, we remain friends and I accept his decision to stand down. Enough said.

With regards the meet on 1st April......... I would ask ANYONE that is going to be there on the day to let me know (so I can have an idea of numbers) Please post your intention to attend ON THIS THREAD. Thanks. :kissing:

With regards West Bexi on 28th April, would HHAC MEMBERS ONLY let me know if you are attending VIA PM ONLY PLEASE. I need to let the DAB guys know, so they have an idea of numbers for that day. Thanks. :clap3:

I look forward to meeting you all on the 1st :kissing:

Onwards and upwards........Let's fish!!

Regards All.

Andy. :)

ps. Many thanks for the messages of encouragement that I received. They were very much appreciated. :notworthy

G

·
I expect to be there on the 1st -just need to work out where to get bait fisrt thing on a Sunday morning (without driving down to the coast on Saturday too!).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I expect to be there on the 1st -just need to work out where to get bait fisrt thing on a Sunday morning (without driving down to the coast on Saturday too!).

I shall be there. If any one does want some bait, I am happy to get some on Saturday 31st March for them, as I shall go down for a practice that day.

I must be mad to agree to this, so I shall limit it to the first five requests and the limit is £10 of worm per angler, as I don't have room for more than that in my fridge.

I also need early notification so that I can order it.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I will be there on the 1st and may also fish the Saturday as well, if im allowed! :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
can someone please tell me exactly where eastney is .........street name of car park etc? i would like to attend the meet but have never been there........sat nav needs the accuracy....she's not very good at map reading lol

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
can someone please tell me exactly where eastney is .........street name of car park etc? i would like to attend the meet but have never been there........sat nav needs the accuracy....she's not very good at map reading lol
I have the address in my Sat Nav. That is hidden in the car at the moment. I will send you the details to-morrow.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Can someone stick up a post confirming details of times and meeting place? Last I saw it was 9.00am at the bus shelter but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have the address in my Sat Nav. That is hidden in the car at the moment. I will send you the details to-morrow.
For those with Tom Toms. Type in Southsea then Esplanade, then drive along the road east bound. You can't miss the Yellow Bus-Stop, on the right and if you see a
14ft high bootneck, (Royal Marine) on the left, you have gone too far.

No point in turning up now, I caught all the fish to-day.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Can someone stick up a post confirming details of times and meeting place? Last I saw it was 9.00am at the bus shelter but that was a while ago.
April the 1st at Eastney, H/W is 11.38am so I would say fish from 9.00am till 2.00pm. Meeting point is the big bus shelter.

It would be a good idea to get there at least 30mins early.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Me, myself and i will be there eventually, sadly i do not think i can get there to meet everyone that early as i have to make a dutiful stop to my nans for her birthday. I hope to arrive by 10am and will probably spend the first hour introducing myself to other members and then finding the end of the line which by the sound of it will end up at the public toilets at the very end of the promenade.
Howie kindly offered to try and reserve me a spot, but i wouldn't want people to start bickering about who killed who etc. This is supposed to be a happy occasion Lol, ( attack of the holy grail there!), Hope to get to meet many of you on the day, for those i dont, have fun!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Me, myself and i will be there eventually, sadly i do not think i can get there to meet everyone that early as i have to make a dutiful stop to my nans for her birthday. I hope to arrive by 10am and will probably spend the first hour introducing myself to other members and then finding the end of the line which by the sound of it will end up at the public toilets at the very end of the promenade.
Howie kindly offered to try and reserve me a spot, but i wouldn't want people to start bickering about who killed who etc. This is supposed to be a happy occasion Lol, ( attack of the holy grail there!), Hope to get to meet many of you on the day, for those i dont, have fun!!!!!!!!!
reserve a spot is this a pegged match now lol(kidding)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will be there

Ben

dab no. 14

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
reserve a spot is this a pegged match now lol(kidding)
Urm to my knowledge it isn't a match, if there is any competition amongst us i am sure it is only friendly banter, which i am up for as i show all you boys with your expensive rods and reels etc. how to be out fished by a novice angler with cheap and squeeky equipment, lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts