World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've only had experience of catching haddock in norway, but i doubt they differ that much. We were catching then on pirks, hokkais and gummi makks. We didnt use bait at all so cant really compare.

What i will say though is their quite a hard fighting fish and seem to have really delicate mouths. The fight from them is very jaggy, if you know what i mean. We could tell almost straight away if we had haddock on. They are masters of escape and we dropped a lot. Play them gently but dont give too much away.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
When I fish for the haddock on the west coast of scotland, I use little white muppets baited. Seems to be the best I've found. Hokkais work as do shrimp rigs :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Info Lads,must admit I have a liking to Harry Ramsdens as well,or at least here in Cork its Lennox's:):)
Have found a delta Sonar Spoon very effective with Mussell as the primary bait and a sliver of Calamari Squid tipping it off on a size 2 Kamasan B940.

All suggestions most welcome as I find them to fight well above their weight in comparison to Whiting or Cod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts