World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped out for an hour over high water this morning, to a little cove where I can stand on cricket-ball-sized stones rather than big sliippery rocks. The spot where, on a normal high tide, I would leave my knapsack and my pen-torch was disappearing under three feet of wave from time to time; so I fished from about 10 yards back from the surf line.
I started out with a shallow diver, but realised I could hardly reach the water in the headwind, which was about 30mph. So I tried a wedge, but no offers, perhaps because the water was a bit coloured. Then I saw a load of cormorants in the surf, apparently on sandeels. I went to a 6 inch paddletail. Two bass, identically sized at about 2lbs. Releasing them was the hardest part: I had to time my dashes to the water's edge, then run like crazy from the next wave.
I reckon I'm as pleased with those two fish as with almost any others (much bigger) I've had this year; not least because I ran into two regulars on the way back to the car, both of whom told me I was p***ing in the wind in these conditions.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
A massive well done for sussing it out and then catching in tough conditions :notworthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts