World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm finally escaping middle England and going to my beloved coast this weekend but one of my fixed spool reels has died:schmoll: What I'm after is something ideally with two spools that could handle rock/ beach/pier fishing but could also double up on the spinning rod, if such a reel exists? Of course I'd like it all for nowt but realistically, I don't want to pay the earth but want something woth having. Any tips greatly appreciated:)

Fieldy

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
have a look at the okuma range, you can't go wrong. well designed, cheap as chips and 5yr warranty.
I have a pair of opti-drag baitrunner type reels. (ODB-15C) Front drag, rear adjust for the baitrunner, very useful. with spare spool.A bit small perhaps but have handled doggies with ease.
They are £20 or less.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Look at the grauvel zeus 5000. 3 spools with different capacities. One will take 30 to 40, good for the pier or rocks. Another will take 20 or a lot of 15 and the shallow one will take braid or could be used for spinning. Spares and more spools are available too. It's a big spool reel but the gearing is sensible. It cast well, is extremely well balanced and I can't fault it.

John

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have shimano great reel had it 10yrs, have just bought ocuma £29.99. Don't think shimano can be three times better as three times price!. I'm hoping to have go with it at w/end let you know what i think, looks well made.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips folks. I'm borrowing one for this weekend and will try to have a look at a few before deciding.

Happy fishing,

Fieldy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts