World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna give the pier a try tomorrow, anyone fished this one recently. I am targetting early bass with floated rag and plugs .

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It's not a full moon is it?!
You might want to see if you can get some peelers. According to another site, they are outfishing everything at the moment.
Best of luck, though.

Stu

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a full moon is it?!
You might want to see if you can get some peelers. According to another site, they are outfishing everything at the moment.
Best of luck, though.

Stu
No, but it's a bank holiday, I must be mad :unsure: I'll have a quick sift through the groynes for crab, I'll have my daughter with me to pick them up - start em early !

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do we have a fishing report????
Arrived at halfpenny pier at 11am, bank holiday in full stride. 2 lads fishing for "sea bass" with mum and dad as I arrived so was encouraged.

Set up bass rod with running leger and large ragworm baits and spinning rod with bulrag float and ragworm.

I fished through hide tide and a couple of hours down and was absolutely plagued with crabs, not even five minutes saw the hooks stripped.

Not a bite for the duration of the outing, a day for passing on skills to the young'uns instead. Some tackle dealer had flogged em lob worms in the knowledge they were going sea fishing, I showed them how to tie some simple rigs and donated a few I had made earlier, lets hope they go to reputable tackle shops in the future.

Ref bank holidays, I didn't take a seat but used the benches there to rest on between bouts of activity:unsure: Several time after changing a bait and recasting ( 1 minute max ) I turned round to see a family all licking ice cream in my still warm seat :icecream:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a shame as it is quite a nice pier with a Pub and food very close by.

Striking it off the list or will you try again?

K

I don't think I'd go there again, I am more likely to get a season ticket for Walton and fish in the evenings there.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've had some succsess on hal' penny pier on a float but that was later in the season small schoolies and flatties but the bloody crabs put me off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts