World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished the boardwalk tonight with my cousin and his mate from 8pm till 1am. it was whiting from the off for all of us and most of them being a decent size. around 10.30 i had a small pull down and then nothing, gave it another couple of mins and another pull down and a whaft of slack line resulting in this..

2lb 2oz and i RETURNED it to the sea to catch another day.( seeing as there is only 5 or 6 left in the sea)lol
now those of you that know me will appreciate how much this fish means to me(after having not caught a uk cod/ling for the last 2 years despite spending many an hour on the beach). after this i had 2 more pull downs both of which resulted in bare hooks and no fish. but still, i went fishing and caught fish and a target species to boot.
the weather wasnt too bad with a few showers and a light n/e breaze when we started then it picked up a bit and swung round to a southerly and finished off the session blowing 20(ish)mph s/w.

i love cod

special thanks to Scast, without your help i would prob have never been able to cast to where the proper fish live. lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
nice one lukey lets hope the cod flood gates are about to open :)

as for shirl but worry bud you can come with me together we can be train ****ers!!!!! lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice one Lukey, let's see what surfaces down by Fairchance today, just setting off to pump a few score, if this rain stops!! Good looking fish though!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well done fella and well done for putting back!!!

Ade

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Up and running ! Well done on the catch and release Lukey.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Nice 1 Lukey i take it you've dropped out of the smack it on the head & eat it club then lol, you know what this means don't ya, you're 1 in front already i ain't got a cod bait in the water yet!! doh!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
well done lukey,:yeah:. and 2 lb is the stamp this year for codling, most i have seen are about this size, lots about in the channel. with a nice s/w should bring them and there parents in, i could do with some help to brush up on my casting skills , is s cast the man to pm still lukey,.
well done dude nice start
:thumbs: to your cod fishing.
6 adult cod left and counting

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great one mate, i can see the rapport between the two of you it must have been hard to let him go lol
its been soooo long since my last codling i was in 2 minds as to put it back or not. but deciced to let it go for good 'carma'.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

the look on the fishes face pure horror

1 - 20 of 30 Posts