World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any reasonable advice on these venues?
I am thinking of sorting out a trip?meet for our D.A.B club and fancy we need a change and head for Devon, Possibly meet up with some of you lot?
So far D.A.B has not ventured over your way. does Hallsands still have that nice Pub?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Ian,

I hope you guys can come down for a meet, it would be great to see a few people from the site and would be well up for a meet. As with all the beaches in the area Beesands fishes better after dark, although there maybe a few mackerel, gars and possible flatties during the daylight. I don't know about Hallsands but Beesands definately has a nice pub, The Cricket Inn? i think.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankjs for that, I believe Beesands was the place i witnessed my sister become
"south Hams champion welly wanger" seriously! it was a good few years ago mind.

I will mention this is the next club newsletter and hand it over to our lads who orginise the meets, but i will definately be visiting there.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If you come down in the near future, bear in mind you will be in Spider Crab peeling season. This means unexplained missing hooks and bait. A short steel trace defeats the pests, and gives you at least a chance. In the past, May/June was the time when the Slapton heat of the old Westward T.V./ Television SouthWest Sea angling championship was run. It was picked as the time when the big dabs reappeared for a short time after spawning. I can remember a 1lb 10oz dab beating a 25lb+ angler fish one year. Pick a big tide, and fish low water around 1-2pm, and float/feather for mackerel in the evening. Finally a bad cast into the saloon bar! A Perfect day, as the song says.

philtherod

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, I will give the feathers a miss as it is getting too much like hard work but i was recently shown a cunning trick toi keep static snoods near the surface in deep water without a float. so impressive i can't stop making em now!
very simple but still very impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts