World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can be quite nice in places.
Can be quite picturesque.
Can be a nice place to fish, walk the dog, just go for a stroll, sit and canoodale with your loved one.
Not when there are fools that leave cr4p like this all over the place..
17 empty beer cans, half a dozen plastic bags, 3 half empty boxes of squid, wrappers from Mackeral, Limpets, etc, old ragworm, and 2 whole squid both with what looked like 6/0 hooks in them still.
Sod peole walking along, sod the wildlife, sod the children. I am a pacifist and a peaceful guy, but I would Love to have found these culprits and would have beaten ten barrels of out of them, and if they were bigger than me i would have got them from behind.
LUNACY, total and utter lunacy.
So annoyed am i, that picture is being sent to local papers, and fishing magazines and council, and anyone else i can think of to send it to.
Yes it will draw attention to us anglers and give the anti angling lobby more info, but this was just taking the P.
In the end myself and Andy didnt bother fishing, we picked all their rubbish up instead and took it to a bin. Both so cheesed off we couldn't stay there through embarrassment that someone may have seen it before we had chance to clear it up.
The Anglers are local to Woolston, as all bait had come from Al's Tackle.
Will also be dropping pictures off to tackle shops in the vicinity, Als, Sammys, Poingdestres etc.

Attachments

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
That is shocking. Trouble is that the culprits will see their handywork pictured in the tackle shop window and will probably crack another twelve pack and laugh about it. :uhuh:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob,

Its 7:30 in the evening.. This was about 5am this morning, and I am still spitting nails about it... (I dont fester this long when i get a speeding ticket).
The Hamble River can be a really nice spot.. And i mean really nice..
The pictures do not do those morons handywork justice.. It covered a much much larger area than that, and it was as myself and Andy were picking and collecting the rubbish up, i picked up a squid, and there is a dirty great 6/0 hook in it (God forbid what the local press would have done should someones dog, or worse still kid picked it up) The Andy says.. Dave, look at this.. Theres another dirty great hook in a squid he picked up.

I dont know what it would have all weighed, but the amount of trash they had taken was a lot lot lighter when they had finished.. The bait could have been thrown into the water, all they had to do wash crush the cans, pick uop their empty *** packets, their boxes and plastic and taken it back to from whence they came (In all probability, the Gutter)..

Sorry to keep on people.... Havent felt this much rage in years and years and years..

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
fair play dkstenson, go for it. people like this god only knows what go through the empty heads, who in there right mind would leave such a mess. they are scum and want locking up. how hard is it to take a bin liner with you and put it all in the bin or even next to bin if it doesnt fit. name and shame them. bunch of muppets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts