World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will let Andy C write the report as he organised everything.

Suffice it to say the offer of the Honourary right to Wear the Noble Order of the Rhino Hat, was not won by anyone other than me until 5.30pm*; or had not been when the SAS bailed out as they found it too tough, LOL.

The DABSTERS, stayed on, I will not say anymore. Some may find it a bit painful.

*The Honourary Order of the right to wear the Noble Order of the Rhino Hat, goes to the first angler to catch a fish on the day of HHAC meet. This includes fish caught after midnight of the day immediately preceding the day of the meeting.

Did I tell you about my Flounder caught with the first cast?????:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
289 Posts
well, due to a late finish at work last night i wasnt able to make it down to fish, but did persude the FPO to drive from Reading to Hayling Island to walk the dog.
Great to see some familiar faces (Henry & Ivor) and to meet some fellow forum members (Peterpan, Lockstock, Andy C, Fishyrob, Cueball to name but a few) - just wish I had of been able to drown some worms myself!!!

Henry - it looks like the cat is out of the bag regarding our cover story of going fishing when in fact we are cruising the south coast strip bars..... that excuse for fishy smelling fingers will never work again!!!

Rob - nice chatting to you - have heard rumours of a space on a trip on the 16th......... if you do ever have space let me know and I will happy to fill a space for a small one... I come with all tackle included!!

Apologies to anyone that the dog mauled - he cant resist squiddy fingers, and was just a little excited to see so many people trying to catch his dinner for him!!!

Hope to join some of you for a sesh soon!

Cheers
Niall

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Rob - nice chatting to you - have heard rumours of a space on a trip on the 16th......... if you do ever have space let me know and I will happy to fill a space for a small one... I come with all tackle included!!

Cheers
Niall
Consider yourself Bream fishing on the 16th. All my trips are first come first served, as it makes my life easier. Cost will be £200 / 5 = £40 plus bait or get your own (cuttle fish or squid, and a small amount of ragworm). Prospects are good, as they are picking up fish on the Kingsmere already!! Southsea marina at 08:00 or Carol's cafe at 07:00. Up to you.

If you ever want rid of your dog, I'll have him. Clever, and his spare fur could make some cracking fry flies....!!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Well I would like to say a big thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a good day out, it would have been nice if there were a few more fish around but at least the rain never came to anything, infact I have slight sun burn now! It was good to meet some of you and hopefully we will have many more meets to come. Im not sure how the guys that stayed on later than me done but from what I saw, there were a few flounder and small plaice caught.

Cheers for the rigs Ian, they are top notch.

G

·
I'd just like to add a big thank you to Bagstar, AC and Edgey for organising a great meet - very good turnout and a superb venue - Shame the wind wasn't helping but otherwise great - and the beer afterwards tasted awesome after 10 blanking hours fishing!!! You've set the standard guys lets hope we can repeat it at Bexi on 28th April (with added comp fun!) maybe with a few more fish.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rob - I can supply bags of his fur - nothing moult like a Malamute!!
Great meeting you today - see PM re the 16th
Niall

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Firstly........Many thanks to all who turned up for the meet; I know the fishing wasn't up to much (it was sh*te actually!!) but I had a thoroughly enjoyable day nonetheless. The lack of fish made the day more sociable, with a lot of us wandering up and down the beach to meet others in the afternoon. I was only trying to get away from Henry......who having managed to foul hook a couple of microflounder was mercilessly taking the p*ss out of me for blanking!! :kissing:

There were a couple of incidents in the afternoon (involving two idiots, a dinghy, a rod tip ring and lots of litter) which I will leave to Ian H to report on as he had a front row seat for the first part of the whole sorry incident!! :schmoll:

One of the most amusing sights of the day was the constant stream of windsurfers that turned up, unpacked all their gear before looking at the beach and then having to pack it all back up again and leave, after realising they had nowhere to launch. The looks on their faces were priceless!! :smile:

Myself, Henry, Ian H and Andy (lockstock) stayed until 6.00pm before heading to the Inn for a couple of jars and a social; by then only Rob and his mate Onecodbob were still fishing.......out of sheer stubborness, rather than expectancy, I suspect?!

Oh.......did I mention.............just as I was about to reel in at 6.00pm.............I had my first proper bite of the day.........which developed into a flounder of just over 1lb (weighed exactly 1lb when cleaned). :clap2: ..... HOW DO YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES HENRY?!! LOL. Seriously though, the fish came to rag (one threaded and two head hooked).....I was able to get the bait a good distance out using one of Rob's
Dvices and that without doubt saved me a blank. If any of you out there haven't got one.......speak to Rob; they really are the dogs danglies. :clap3: (No, I am not Rob's press officer!!).

Once again, thanks to all who attended........it really was a cracking turnout :notworthy: .........roll on 28th.

Andy. :smile:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Glad you all had a great day even if the fish tended to ignore the invitation. The success just goes to show how much more important the social side really is!
I am genuinely sorry I couldn't make it this time, but I hope there'll be plenty more sessions to come (and pints lol)

Congratualtions and well done to Andy for organising the meet:clap3:

Looking forward to the 28th myself and meeting up with you all.:clap2:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
firstly, what a brilliant day that was! Thanks very much to Lockstoct who i believe added 200 miles to his journey to make sure i got there and he never killed a single rabbit.

I met loads of faces and had a fantastic time thanks to Andy and Bagster.
Right the boat incident as i remember it.
Two numties arrived at the top of the beach with an inflatable boat and a small out board and after discussing where to launch (beach was full of anglers) they were helped down the beach with their little boat, i remember watching this and thinking that the boat was under inflated.
It is rumoured that the guys who helped carry the boat (anglers) told them to go "hard right" when they entered the water so the could avaiod THIER lines.
his indeed they did and managed to snag NJJ's line, taking it out to sea with them. NJJ shouted at them to no avail and while trying to cut his line NJJ saw his rod tip completely buggered. He was not happy.

idiots on boat go out about 200 yds then tie off to a large Bouym and start putting their rods together, then all of a sudden they come roaring back to the beach away from the anglers, carry the oputboard up the beach and actually left the boat there. Andy, Lockstock, Edgey and myself later realised they had abandoned the boat on the beach and we were amazed to find the bloody idiots had gone out in a boat that was so badkly damaged it was dangerous!
Leaking and letting in water and one of the ribs had been repaired with flippin duct tape!.
worse still they had left it in a possition that it would have been washed clean out to sea and that would have caused a hell of a big search and rescue.
so we opted to drag it clear of the high water line. This was done by only 3 of us as Edgey was bladdered i believe:kissing:
What we should have done in hindsite was completly destroy the boat to stop anyone trying to use it.

I caught a Scorpion fish that someone suggested was a specimin fish.
NJJ caught a flounder and a small (very small) Bass, but did not cut his finger this time :) .

brilliant day lads, thankyou very much to andy for carrying the last lot of drinks as i was feeling a bit fragile!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In relation to the moving of the boat. I did say "Right Chaps, you lift and I'll grunt," then I delegated the task and stood aside and managed the whole operation rather well.

I wasn't bladdered then I just look as if I am all the time as I can't walk straight! LOL.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Keep posting on the other thread! Update done in the diary. Was a hard day but good to meet faces. Apologies to all who got there early and set up by the pub. I'm not anti-social, honest, but once I had set up it looked too long a walk to come back down that end, and I dont like to leave my rods, cos its always when you do that you walk back to find your mate the proud owner of the giant smoothound or bass on your rods...!! Met loads of new faces up my end though.
Didnt get anything after you left. Ended up with three flounders, and bob one, all on head hooked rag via the DVice (thanks for the plug, Andy!) The "J R Hartley" chap, who squeezed between myself and another, and then proceeded to chuck his half ounce lead, launched from his glass rod and intrepid black prince reel, straight over my line, had misjudged the month and scarpered when one of those big blasts of wind up his back. I thought it all amusing. He had a wicker basket and everything...!! I was thinking he would steal the show, because bouncing worm down the surf on light leads can be deadly...!

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
nice one lads. sounds like a good day was had by all. roll on the 28th.

·
Registered
83 Posts
HHAC,
Excellent turn out on the day and all good people. Excellent venue on the right day, but in the conditions that we fished it was bloody harsh.

Fishyrob,
Nextime I suggest that we take both cars!, because one of us can atleast bugger of and go and find some fish to be caught!

OCB OUT! (Thats where I'll be the nextime HHAC has a meet)

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Hey Henry.....no repost from you my good man, guess you are down the pub as usual!! lol. :drink:

Rob....no need for thanks for the plug mate; you and I and many others will be using the Dvice for many years to come mate, and well you know it!! No sh*t, I was lucky to get a really good fish (in the circumstances) late on and it was completely down to the Dvice. FACT. I look forward to using it a bit later on in the year, when it's benefits will be even more evident. :clap2:

Ian......with regards the two tw*ts in the dinghy; you forgot to mention the strong offshore (mostly) winds that they launched in (and their good fortune in making it back, even with a cr*ppy outboard) and the disgusting amount of litter they left behind that we had to clear up. :schmoll: :yucky:

Cheers all.

G

·
I will let Andy C write the report as he organised everything.

Suffice it to say the offer of the Honourary right to Wear the Noble Order of the Rhino Hat, was not won by anyone other than me until 5.30pm*; or had not been when the SAS bailed out as they found it too tough, LOL.

The DABSTERS, stayed on, I will not say anymore. Some may find it a bit painful.

*The Honourary Order of the right to wear the Noble Order of the Rhino Hat, goes to the first angler to catch a fish on the day of HHAC meet. This includes fish caught after midnight of the day immediately preceding the day of the meeting.

Did I tell you about my Flounder caught with the first cast?????:clap2: :clap2:

I could have stayed 'til Christmas and still not caught - that beach and me just don't get on! One of those DeVice things is gonna have to go on my shopping list!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Henry.....no repost from you my good man, guess you are down the pub as usual!! lol. :drink:

Rob....no need for thanks for the plug mate; you and I and many others will be using the Dvice for many years to come mate, and well you know it!! No sh*t, I was lucky to get a really good fish (in the circumstances) late on and it was completely down to the Dvice. FACT. I look forward to using it a bit later on in the year, when it's benefits will be even more evident. :clap2:

Ian......with regards the two tw*ts in the dinghy; you forgot to mention the strong offshore (mostly) winds that they launched in (and their good fortune in making it back, even with a cr*ppy outboard) and the disgusting amount of litter they left behind that we had to clear up. :schmoll: :yucky:

Cheers all.

Unfortunately not at the Pub, just finshed work at 10PM and I started at 0600 this AM, which has included a 270 mile round trip. Kindly feel sorry for me:yucky: :yucky:

That is why I had to take a supervisory role in the removal of the boat from the beach, I needed to conserve my energies to-day for a bout of herding cats.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh god
henry had to drive 270 miles in his lovely audi a6!
my god yes mate i reckon we all feel sorry for you.
No unfortunately the Boss took the car today so I had her Peugeot 206 instead.

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts

Now that is bad, having to spend that much time in a french made car! Poor man

G

·

You should have left a few rag worm in the boot overnight - no way would she have wanted to drive with such a smell in the car - but for us sea danglers the odour of ripe worm is practically a perfume!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts