World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

The footie is about to start.......so I will keep this as brief as my usual waffle allows!! No doubt I am going to start a sh*tstorm here again; but at least I discussed this with a few people to get their opinion first......in particular John (Bagstar) who was responsible for suggesting this meet in the first place.

I am suggesting a change of venue for this meet on 1st (to Inn on the beach at Hayling) for the following reasons (in no particular order).

1. The fishing at Eastney is likely to be patchy at best and at worst, pretty awful.

2. The weather is looking like it will be dry, sporadically overcast and quite windy; which will make the fishing at Eastney even tougher going. IMHO.

3. Inn on the beach offers free parking, close to your car.

4. We have caught bass (amongst other species) all winter at the Inn.... particularly if it is windy.

5. IMHO the Inn is a better all round venue and offers the best chance of more anglers catching........and that is what I would like people to remember the meet for, nearly as much as the social side of things.

That's pretty much it really. Let me know your opinions please and I will (in conjunction with John and after keeping an eye on the Met Office website), make a decision tomorrow or Friday at the very latest. I realise that this idea will not be popular with everyone......but please be gentle with me, I am only trying to do right by the meet and those who are planning to attend.

Best Wishes All.

Andy (who is now donning a suit of armour!!)

ps. Did you see that first half of the footie?! Bl**dy hell!! What sh*te!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
yep i agree, i would rather fish the Inn anyways.

eastney sounds all fished out atm.

Jamie

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
OK
is this a goer or not lads? there are people coming from Bedford, Wattisham (suffolk), somerset and st athen. I fancy fishing anywhere the orginisers choose and i reckon Lockstock would probably feel the same, But i need to know so i can make adjustments to my rig choice.

L

·
0 Posts
Hayling is OK with me - I haven't caught a windsurfer for a few weeks now! Might even bag my first kite boarder! What time start - 0730?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
im douting im going but i would say that thats a change for the best !

·
Registered
111 Posts
if this new venue goes ahead and for those coming in on sat nav, as im sure many of you are. the full address for the inn on the beach is as follows.

the inn on the beach.
97 seafront.
hayling island.
po11 oas.

i trust andy wont mind me posting this but most of us in brighton dont get down to ******* county that often:blink:

L

·
0 Posts
"2. The weather is looking like it will be dry, sporadically overcast and quite windy; which will make the fishing at Eastney even tougher going. IMHO."

With the Wind from the NE will this kick up enough surf for the Bass to get in on the feed? Bring Beach Buddies too it could be mite damp!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
After taking some advice from people with better knowledge of the Portsmouth and Hayling area it was decided that the Inn on the beach was a much better venue, as Andy Colmer has said please go easy on us as we are only trying to do the best by everyone.

I very rarely fish Portsmouth as there are plenty of good marks around the Southampton area which I would be able to advise on but when it comes to Eastney and Hayling I have got to listen to the advice of others, this advice has all pointed to Eastney being a bad choice as the Plaice run was early this year and the wind is going to play a major factor. As normal I expect the weather report will be wrong but based on todays forcast its going to be gusty out.

Sorry for the late change but I think it should still be a good day. Also could someone let me know is there an Inn on the beach or not? I do like a few sherberts after a hard days fishing!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Hayling is fine by me. Baits and rigs info would be appreciated plus likely species. If its Hayling should I bring some slippers?

·
Banned
431 Posts
:g: bagstar/ac you have changed the venue from eastney to the inn on the beach hayling island.ac the car park by the inn how many cars you think you can get there i can see this is going to be a real fun day for everyone that is going to come and fish this its a small tide so there wont be any tide rip from the beach and as we are by the bank then there is a good chance of picking up a plaice or 2 even some bass please note can ppl please put the bass back into the water alive please as there will be loads of small undersized fish being caught the inn in the beach is a hot spot for the bass how many ppl are going to fish this meet/comp if its more than 50 then i think we are going to struggle to fish that beach if someone could please let dab no how many is coming so dab could let either ac or bagstar no just how many will be turning up and if ppl from any other club let ac/bagstar no as i think we need to really think about just how many will turn up if the venue is going to get changed (its funny how ppl listen to me as i put the thread about eastney then went on about hayling lol):)
LISTEN TO UNCLE HOWIE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT LOL

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Im going down there this afternoon for a look at the place seeing as I have never been before.

·
Banned
431 Posts
there is loads of room for ppl to fish at hayling and most ppl will park at the inn on the beach but there is other car parks to park the cars i think there is 1 place to park foc i think but please dont quote me on that main target will be bass flounders dabs and a good poss of a plaice or 2

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Thanks for the advice H.A
As for Putting bass back, yeah fine if i catch an undersized one it will go back, if i catch anything edible that is big enough it is coming home with me.
We have no idea how many D.A.B members are attending but i do know there are a few mates turning up from around the UK for a lark and they have been informed of the change of venue and looking forward to draining the pub.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts