World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished here over low, trying to avoid strong westerleys.

sea still really choppy, 1 pouting , nice evening though.

rough ground here though

·
Registered
24 Posts
where exactly is happy valley?

i fished rhoose for a couple of hours on tuesday - i think - not very successfully

ive fished a few times down there - never quite known where to go - but the area screams big fish to me

i drive down into the old blue circle quarry and park half way down the hill - hop over the stile, across the field and on to the beach - 2 minute walk. cracking access, but im not sure if this is the best place to fish or not

cheers, gus

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The quarry lake will be in front of you at the bottom of the hill, on your left is a wooden stile and small gap, as you walk down this little apth, the backs of a few houses will be on your left.

As you reach the beach its pebbles in front of you, thats happy valley.

Bear right, rhoose point.

I usually walk about half a mile to the left of this access, to a place called lime kilns, its where the high cliffs are.

Tonite I didnt have much time so fished right by the entrance.

Anywhere along this stretch its a strong tide pull, fish mid range and low tides at low water, although some do fish at high sometimes.

Very rough ground everywhere.

Ifyou go to rhoose village itself, drive down to new train station, park here, walk over level crossing, follow path down to sea, at entrance, turn left, walk in about 100 yards, there is an old sewer entrance here, at low water ledges are visible.

Fish here 3 down, 2 up on small tides only or 3 down 1 up on mid range tides, otherwise the tide will pull you all over the place, I never fish rhoose point itself, which is found if yo keep walking, its boulders the size of meteors, a tackle graveyard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
in that case i fished happy valley!

i have fished rhoose point b4 and had deceent codling - but the tide rips harder and as you say it is very ruff indeed

ive always seen more people fishing the kilns area - perhaps this should be the area i focus on in future

i know the area like the back of my hand - cos i did the initial land surveys of the quarry b4 they started any building. we even had stations on the beach so we could map the liffline and take spot heigts on the beach!!! its potty when i go back there - to imagine what was there b4

cheers, gus

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lime klins, fish under the caravans on the cliff at low water, u will lose lots of gear here though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts