World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all can anyone tell me of harbours or piers in kent,how they are fishing,are they easy to access,are they near toilets,cafe etc,thanks in advance,tight lines,rammses:secret: :notworthy :notworthy :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
70 Posts
deal pier has it all mate, but can be busy at weekends. same as the prince of wales pier at dover has it all but will be knocked down soon as the habour board are changing the western docks.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
deal is very snaggy ATM.

the prince of whales is a nice pier, not many reports though.

ramsgate's easy fishing out of your car boot, only mainly bits and pieces though, it has got the chance of a half decent bass though.

i don't really do piers any more so can't say a great deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
there is a pier at eastbourne had a look a couple of times but never fished it so cant comment on the fishing but i have heard form a couple of people over the last couple of days that it can be good for flatties and mackerel

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
deal pier has it all mate, but can be busy at weekends. same as the prince of wales pier at dover has it all but will be knocked down soon as the habour board are changing the western docks.

Forgot to tell em about the Admiralty Pier............or are you keeping that to yourself. :blink:

D

·
0 Posts
samphire hoe's alright.u just gotta fish it right.spinning and float fishing.use some sort of rotten bottom set up if you want to fish on the bottom here.it is snaggy but loads of fish there.

i think there's a caff and toilet's too.parking easy and cheap,and it's alright for people in wheelchairs too......dave.

B

·
0 Posts
samphire hoe's alright.u just gotta fish it right.spinning and float fishing.use some sort of rotten bottom set up if you want to fish on the bottom here.it is snaggy but loads of fish there.

i think there's a caff and toilet's too.parking easy and cheap,and it's alright for people in wheelchairs too......dave.
I'll second that Dave.......Samphire Hoe is great fun float fishing for Pollack and Wrasse,you're right about the facilities too:thumbs:

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
come across the bridge, down the M25 then take the M20 and follow it all the way to Dover....at the first roundabout go round and back on yourself and after a few hundred yards up the hill is a little slip road on the left...go up to the barrier an if it's up then wait for the traffic light and go down through the tunnel and park in the car park....it's pay and display and only a couple of quid but you need to get a day permit from the kiosk at £4 a session, if its too early for the kiosk to be open then the guy comes aroung on his bike when he gets there

in theory you are supposed to get tickets in advance for night sessions and book in so security knows to let you in as the barrier goes down, sometimes we have been let in but sometimes they won't have it, you can also get a 12 month membership for £40, take a passport photo with you, and then you can get on anytime by just phoning and booking in that day

if you fancy a day down there let us know and we can meet up somewhere,we're from Gravesend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts