World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locked out at 6.30 to beat the 107 boats going out to fish the CYBC cod comp
Sky Body of water Horizon Water Sea

Tha armarda gathering, taken at about 7.30, we counted over 50 boats then!!!!
Went out to the middle pool, didnt have a knock, so we went to about 100yds off the sandbanks, in about 15ft of water. Dropped the rods over and within a few minutes..................
Fish Fishing Cod Bass Recreation

7lb 6ozs on the scales, came aboard spitting spratts out of its mouth! Turned out to be the only cod of the day, followed by a thornback, then a whiting and a double fig thorny for my old man, and Gezza (the shame!)had to console himself with a blankety blank cheque book n pen. Hard days fishing, but the weather was fantastic, beats a good day in work! Dave

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Nice fish mate, thats one more cod than we had onboard
Found the fishing very hard today, but weatherwise couldnt fault it
Will post our eventful days report in a bit
Nick
Serenity III

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Taylorbay,

Think I was tied up in the lock with you coming in this afternoon, here's the pic of the only fish (and only bite of the day) I caught(12.8lb).
Nice to meet you and the crew, maybe see in the locks soon.

IAN...
Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Jigging

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Taylorbay,

Think I was tied up in the lock with you coming in this afternoon, here's the pic of the only fish (and only bite of the day) I caught(12.8lb).
Nice to meet you and the crew, maybe see in the locks soon.

IAN...
View attachment 152066
Nice to put faces to names, nice fish, hard days fishing, but beats workin! see you soon, hopefully with full fish boxes, Dave

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cracking pictures and report, yes sprats were a real pain today...
Nice one on the Cod
Keep em coming
Bob
cheers Bob, was gonna ask if i could borrow the cheque book for Geraint, but i didnt want to rub it in.....hes sensitive like tha! (n i know he WILL read this ;-) surprised you didnt have contender m8, u usually manage to get one, even in June n July!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts