World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out on Wildcard on Monday 14th Sept and wanted to know if there is a cafe on the harbour that is open about 6am,think we sail at 7ish. Sorry for a non fishing related post.

Cheers

Mark.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm out on Wildcard on Monday 14th Sept and wanted to know if there is a cafe on the harbour that is open about 6am,think we sail at 7ish. Sorry for a non fishing related post.

Cheers

Mark.
Hi Mark,

I am out on wildcard too. :marinheir
No cafes are open at that time but we have a microwave oven on the boat which could be put to good use warming pre cooked bacon sandwiches up.

There are 24 hr Tesco and Asda stores within spitting distance as well.

Alan

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
are you going from the headland or the marina?

try ringing the skipper he should have a better idea than most whats around locally.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's also two McDonalds on the A689 dual carriageway as you come into town, one near the Historic Quay at the marina, opposite Asda (opens at 6am), and another opposite Tesco on Burn Road roundabout, this one opens at 5am. No more than two minute drive from the marina at that time of day.

I can vouch for the McDonalds breakfasts being nice, although you need two to fill you up...lol

Not sure the supermarket cafes' will be open then, although you can always buy food in the supermarket I guess. I think the Old West Quay (a Brewers Fayre pub) will also be open then, as I know they do breakfasts, as they serve the Premier Travel Inn next door as well as the public. It's nice in there, we often go for a meal there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts