World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had a comp last night fishing 7 - 11, low tide at 10pm

13 members fished various marks along the coast.

with a strong northeasterly blowing all the open sea marks were unfishable.

only 2 people managed to return 2 fish size to the scales.

heaviest fish ....... bill bradley [dabcatcher]..... codling .... 2lb 2.7/8oz
heaviest bag ...... tom leck ............................ coalfish ... 11.3/8oz

myself and dave [monkeyhinger] fish the ring of stones inside the north gare. with the wind on to our back and the rocks breaking the worst of the sea it was comfortable. right from the off we had a fish every cast but all undersize coalies and codling. i managed one size. most of the fish were taken on ragworm.

tom leck went all the way up to the tyne to fish the walkway. him and a few other members also had loads of undersize fish, mainly coalies and he only got his size fish on his last cast.

a couple went to fish the glass centre on the wear but also only found undersize coalies and codling in numbers.

those fishing on the piers in the town will have got very little because of the big, low tides.

next comp, next saturday.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
well done bill.....................little bird told me you poached someones spot to get that codling ...................lol

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The Owton Manor Club Lads fished a compo on Sat night. Some lads came on the heugh at about seven pm others went on Steetly.
I fished on the Heugh from 2pm ish till 7 pm.
Loads of little cod knocking about.

Never been one for fishing the low tides though.

·
Registered
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done bill.....................little bird told me you poached someones spot to get that codling ...................lol
hes not so little. show me where the fish are and i,ll usually get one out.

were you and ben out at the weekend, ian

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
hes not so little. show me where the fish are and i,ll usually get one out.

were you and ben out at the weekend, ian

sorry for late reply bill ........no we never bothered its a good job aswell cos we were going to go to south sheilds pier to meet you and dave ..........we would of been lonely .........lol................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts