World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our latest comp was yesterday,[saturday 21st] fishing from 3pm until 7pm.

as usual this time of year the fish were hard to get but it looks like we did better than the lads on the boat meet.

only 2 people managed to bring back 7 fish between them.

heaviest fish... bill bradley[dabcatcher]..... coalfish, 15.1/8oz.. this was the heaviest from a bag of 6 coalfish with a total weight of 5lb 1.5/8oz.

heaviest bag....dave robinson[monkeyhinger]...1 coalfish, 14.3/8oz

others fished the prom in hartlepool and only found small codling. one pair however fish a local beach and had........ 14.... small bass:blink:

things could be looking up then.

all the coalfish were caught on the tyne using frozen crab. dave also tried fresh crab but they wernt interested. the rigs we used were matched to the venue and species so had light hook lengths which did cost me a better fish. but that swings and roundabouts. we also had quite a lot of small coalies to the same baits.

proving that crab was the bait another member fished alongside us using rag and squid and only managed 1 small coalie.

next meeting is this coming thursday for anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well done Bill, sounds like the bass must be starting to show with that many geting caught. i used rag and squid today up newbiggin managed a flatty a chuck only two sized i would say though.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well done lads where the bass caught then good sport on light tackle.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well done Bill if my memory serves me right i remember when you used to fish when i was a lad and that was over 30 years ago. You were always hitting the fish then.
Jim Dobie was the same. (i,m just back to the sport ).

Mick.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey.... i was still a lad then aswell.... jim dobie though has always been old and in a totaly different league.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I remember going on a fishing trip to Gourock in Scotland organised by (i,m sure it was your club) someone when i was only about 17. I,m 46 now. Jim was on the same trip. We all stayed overnight.
When i cast out the line came right into the side due to the depth of the loch. Caught nowt and as i recall then Jim caught something and won a prize.

Mick (Now living in Consett).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts