World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going out boat fishing from hartlepool in the morning and just wanted to know if there was much catching in the area and what method to use, i will post a report if we catch tomorrow nite
cheers:boat:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just gettin back in from Hartlepool boat fishing, it was a bit slow today but still ended up with a few cod between 4-6 lb. Heard the charter boats had started to pick up the odd makerel aswell.

Might be a bit rough out their tomorrow tho.:boat:

let us know how you get on.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
163 Posts
As for method, jumbo hockies (or similar) above a pirk usually does the trick.
If you have some peeler crab, you could try it on a long trace.

Have fun

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was speaking to John (Maggie may) and he said Hokkai's baited with squid were catching yesterday.
Im out on tuesday on Maggie may so hoping for a good day.
Not too many macky about yet either.
Fingers X'd for a good day.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a quick report on the trip out from hartlepool
we set off out at 9am approx to do some rough ground fishing, we headed north towards crimdon and on the drift stopped about three times and caught nothing, then on our 4th stop i caught 2 cod on about 2 pound the other about 3 1/2 pound one of the lads got a cod about a pound and two whiteys were caught, both of my cod were caught on daylites tipped with squid and the other cod was caught on black hokkis, we headed north a bit more but the more north we got the rougher it got so we turned back and headed back to hartlepool . we got back in at about 1.30pm, not long out fishing but still a couple of fish better than a blank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts