World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate wants to fish somewhere that the weed may be a bit less annoying(i do too) an he has been having a look and thinking about this place:

As you drive to the Shoreham West Arm and you follow the road around there is some parking on the left with some railings a little bit before the car park for the old fort/arm.

It is just at the end where the boats are moored and has groynes with beacons on the ends of them.

I was wondering if anyone has tried there before and was it any good.

Id ideally like to fish a shingle beach for a bass but i got annoyed after one cast on two rods in the week at the amount of stringy stuff on my line and my bait that i gave up.

Brighton beach looks to be producing a few bass lately so may head there if this place isnt up to it.

Any help greatly appreciated.:victory:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My mate wants to fish somewhere that the weed may be a bit less annoying(i do too) an he has been having a look and thinking about this place:

As you drive to the Shoreham West Arm and you follow the road around there is some parking on the left with some railings a little bit before the car park for the old fort/arm.

It is just at the end where the boats are moored and has groynes with beacons on the ends of them.

Id ideally like to fish a shingle beach for a bass but i got annoyed after one cast on two rods in the week at the amount of stringy stuff on my line and my bait that i gave up.

Brighton beach looks to be producing a few bass lately so may head there if this place isnt up to it.

The area you are talking about is Soldiers Point, it throws up some good fish at times, can also be really weedy as well!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Sounds like you mean soldiers point. there are several threads on the site for this venue if you search for them. it can produce some very good bass at times with flounders and big eels. best baits are fresh crab and mackie. weed can be a pain at times so best times to fish are 2hrs before and after high. no need to cast further than the end of the wooden groynes.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the name Soldiers Point at the back of my mind thinking thats what it may be called.

Ta for the replies Chris and Peachie48.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts