World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my boat out from hobbs point this weekend had a good day saturday 10 cod biggest 5 lb a trigger fish and a couple of small bass plus some doggies and pollack.best day for years.all fish were caught by the bridge.i was wondering if anyone knows any marks further up the river please.sunday 4 small pollack in the same place.still lovely place to fish and the jolly sailer was a great place to go when fishing is bad(or good).

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sounds like you already found a good mark, if you had ten cod to 5lb.

What time were you out on Sunday. I fished down by the bridge from 07.30 to about 12.30 and didn't see anybody else fishing.

Pennog.

·
Registered
703 Posts
fished between 12 and 3 high tide 3 oclock
Aye, I must have been leaving just as you was starting.

I had launched upriver and fished down by the bridge over low water.

I was back on the trailer by 13.00, before the rain came, and home for lunch.

I didn't see a competition above the bridge though, they must have started luinchtime as well.

Whereabouts did you get the triggerfish. I been trying for them over at Hobbs, but no luck yet.

Pennog.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
GE, was you on The Flying Duck ?

A bright yellow boat with a blunt bow sped past me just below the bridge, would have been about 9 ish.

Pennog.
yep that was us,we had just finished fishing the dakotian and fancied a bit of calm water,it wasnt nice off dale lol:blink:Dean

·
Registered
703 Posts
No, this was in the morning.

You was on your way down.

I was in a white open boat, my Terhi Nordic 6020, just below the bridge.

I wouldn't have expected it to be very nice down at Dale with that South Easterly blowing !!

Pennog.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
No, this was in the morning.

You was on your way down.

I was in a white open boat, my Terhi Nordic 6020, just below the bridge.

I wouldn't have expected it to be very nice down at Dale with that South Easterly blowing !!

Pennog.
ahh thats right,i remember seeing u now,down by neyland slip. it wasnt to bad in the morning but it kicked up around dinner time so we made a hasty retreat:help:Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.