World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Not deterred by my recent 3 dayer at Burton b last month I am traveling the journey from Norfolk to give it another crack. It was pretty slow last time although a lovely mix of smallish fish to amuse an enthusiastic amateur.

Any idea if Burton b or somewhere else on chesil would be better pls?

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Hi all. Not deterred by my recent 3 dayer at Burton b last month I am traveling the journey from Norfolk to give it another crack. It was pretty slow last time although a lovely mix of smallish fish to amuse an enthusiastic amateur.

Any idea if Burton b or somewhere else on chesil would be better pls?

They all have there day/times often it can be a matter of 50 foot or less to be on it or off it with fish also distance wise as much is what's there ie types of fish and what there feeding on so if you land on one of the shellfish patches could be on it for flats or in a gulley something else.
There's around 18 miles to play with and all different as west end/Lyme way it's shallow east endPortland it's deep and a mixture anywhere else in between.
There are more constantly productive areas but other areas can have there day and do better.
It's part of what keeps anglers going there the sense of adventure it could be Moby or Jaws on the end mind quite often it's one of the Resident Woof woofs coming to greet you!
But there has been Porbeagles( Doub't if was a tope or others as they said was BIG or others don't come in)Chasing Mackerel down chesil cove end as friend few years back was fishing wondered why had gone quiet and saw it down in front of him going past! Made him jump for sure! lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
When has it slowed? The fishing has been very good

Love this time of year where you have the Sumer overlapping the winter species

Cod are now up past west bex, most people are casting over them

Still had a good session yesterday

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishyb, that is big praise to u I think. you must be doing something right, respect. When I was there couple of weeks ago the tackle shop in west bay said it was very quiet.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Fishyb, that is big praise to u I think. you must be doing something right, respect. When I was there couple of weeks ago the tackle shop in west bay said it was very quiet.
I fished the board walk yesterday for 2:30hrs with 2 wraps of black

Result was
3 bream
Pollock 1
Pouting 2
The ting were loading themselves 2’s up on a pulley Penney every cast

I didn’t get the cod I wanted but for a short session 20 fish isn’t bad

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I fished the board walk yesterday for 2:30hrs with 2 wraps of black

Result was