World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi
I've been fishing Haslar wall but not Southsea for the last month. Southsea for me at the moment has proved fruitless, but for others see H.As and Andy (the New Mod) posts, they have been having a cracking time.

Vtallbloke managed a good doggie a few weeks ago. I've managed to land bass, smoothhound and big wrasse (2lb +) on peeler. Bass and smoothhound have also taken large rag tipped with the smallest peice of squid. Bass, smoothhound and eel have also taken squid. Others have had similar catches in the last week or two. When I pitched up a fortnight ago, two guys leaving had had five bass, returning four they left with a bass between 4 and 5lb.

We fished a little further along the wall on Tuesday and colleagues from work managed to land 12lb + of bass in three fish on squid. (5lb, 5.5lb and 2 lbs). A great nights fishing. For one it was his first sea fish caught in 11 sessions with me, but at least he persevered and landed that first bass, promptly followed by another:clap3:. I'll post the pics later. For the other with 2lb, he also caught 2 rockling over 11 inches in length. Me I had another snotty.

Spinning has resulted in mackie, gar and pollack on wedges and feathers.

At this time of year, the wall it is generally packed around the last two hours of daylight with individuals wanting to stock the freezer up with mackie.

Hope this helps

Ivor

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Fished Haslar wall this afternoon, well 11:00 - 17:00, not a thing. A few bites but that was it. 3-6oz, Vtallbloke and I fished it with many rigs and many baits. We tried every conceivable bait and combination going.

Squid, prawn, mackerell, garfish chunks, peeler (fresh and frozen), ragworm, sandeel, slipper limpet and an amalgamation of those previous discussed.

Rigs were sent at distance 120yards +, medium distance and just in front of the iron protected wall. Feathers, lures, wedges and lead heads.

Rigs used included, clip downs, clip ups, modified Pompey rigs, freelining sandeels and squid and pulley rigs. The only bait for me that produced any interest was the ragworm (no suprise there) and the slipper limpet. Crabs were taking hooks and destroying bait.

There were a few positives it was a hot sunny day and there weren't too many weed patches.

Negatives unfortunately, no fish, massive kelp weed strands attached to stones if at too much distance and the loss of a few hooks.

Oh I wished I had gone to Hilhead. :g:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
big ivor, fished hill head today mate, not a sausage. peeler, mackie and rag plus hermit, nothing at all. fished the previous night (fri) aswell and it fished its head of big time. loads of smutts a few doulbles aswell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts