World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Fareham working today so popped over to Gosport after hours to get a bit of fishing in.
Started on the pier but found it very snaggy so went over to the wall behind the prison.
I haven't been down there for years as it's now a few hours from home.
Fished from 5.00pm low was at 5.50pm. Before it got dark I caught 3 small wrasse. One was not alive by the time I pulled it in so I kept it for later on!
Once it got dark I fished with rag on 1 rod and squid on the other and then after an hour hook lipped the wrasse on a pulley pennell rig. After about 20 minutes the rod tip bounced up and down and I was in contact with a decent bass.
I carefully slid down the slope, which is very slippery at the bottom and handlined the fish up the wall. The water was about 2 feet down from the ledge.
It took me a while to scale back up the wall with the fish and my rod as my boots were now wet and the stones were like a sloping ice ring.
The bass went to 5lb 8oz and in nice condition.
Had one further bite which came to nothing but enjoyed a nice session from the comfort of my car.
4 or 5 other chaps were fishing but didn't hear of any other catches. Makes a change from the Bristol Channel!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well done mate one of the best fish I've seen off of the wall

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
442 Posts
cracking fish.

i was fishing there last night from about 9pm -1am.

i wanted to stay and fish through the high tide and some of the ebb but the swell had to be seen to be believed.
it was blowing south easterly, and my god. coming straight at you like that, the waves were reaching the very top of the wall, the actual higher bit.

was a 5m tide as well i guess.
i've never seen it so bad.

had to ditch my bait and retreat home

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi SCangler, the wind wasn't too bad when I was there and was across a bit so fishing was quite comfortable. I left at 21.15.

Pomskua, yes it was me in the shop, (I meant to ring Dave and thank him) I assume you were the chap buying the bait? As I said I tried the pier but lost loads of gear so moved to the wall out of frustration - glad I did now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.