World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any fishing in Hastings recently? I understand there a pier you can fish off in East Hastings near the fishing club. I'm thinking about going down there either this weekend or the following weekend. Is anything being caught there at the moment?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Always sorry when a post fails to get a reply!

I've not fished there but have seen others. East end of sea front by the boats and seaworld there is a narrow concrete jetty which allows 2 or 3 to fish into deep water. Its right on the car park. Fantastic fish and chips at the LITTLE restuarant on the right on the way back to the seafront road - on the road junction. It got a review in theTelegraph. I was told that the pier fishes well and there were recent posts about that

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pedro - couldn't make it down there this weekend but should be going next.

PS I don't suppose you remember the name of the restaurant?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Sorry no. But Beside it towards the main road is a much bigger one! The one which is so good has the minimum weight of their small, medium, large fish on their menu. If you go inside its only 12-15 ft wide, ther is a platform at door level for one tabl;e and steps down to a lower level. I expect thet their Telegraph publicity is on show! Sorry cant do more till I go back! Its the best F&C I have had and I go to Grimsby, Hull and places to make mouths water! To the right6 of it is a 3ft alley!

Let me know what the fishing is like please! Take a cool bag nd lots of ice asdthe boat owners fish stalls have some great deals!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pedro the Fisherman said:
Sorry no. But Beside it towards the main road is a much bigger one! The one which is so good has the minimum weight of their small, medium, large fish on their menu. If you go inside its only 12-15 ft wide, ther is a platform at door level for one tabl;e and steps down to a lower level. I expect thet their Telegraph publicity is on show! Sorry cant do more till I go back! Its the best F&C I have had and I go to Grimsby, Hull and places to make mouths water! To the right6 of it is a 3ft alley!

Let me know what the fishing is like please! Take a cool bag nd lots of ice asdthe boat owners fish stalls have some great deals!
I'm reviving this old thread 'cause I was down at Hastings between Christmas and New Year and managed to find this restaurant that Pedro mentioned. It's called the Mermaid and it's every bit as good as Pedro said. £5.60 for large cod & chips and when they say large they mean large. They also do mushy peas and a good mug of tea. Be warned it's extremely busy at lunchtime but it's open at 6.30am through to 4.30 in the afternoon usually. They only sell fish that's bought in fresh that day. You'll find it in East Hastings right on the seafront a few yards away from a nice pub called the Dolphin which also does a good pint of Bass.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Given our other exchanges on forum areas, Lucky, I just can't resist telling you that you should have posted this thread in the South East board:D Kind of proves the point, eh?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark_S said:
Given our other exchanges on forum areas, Lucky, I just can't resist telling you that you should have posted this thread in the South East board:D Kind of proves the point, eh?
Actually Mark this is an old thread started prior to when the board geographical divisions were rearranged a few months ago - probably just before you joined last August. This is probably one of the last Hastings related threads to legitimately have been started up in the South section. I thought at the time that the new catagories seemed a little odd in the areas that were grouped together but didn't worry too much about it. For example just do a search on threads with Brighton in the title and you should find that all the threads prior to a certain date will be in the South section - after that they then start appearing in the South East however certain posts still continued to appear in the South section.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys it looks like we're going to get Sussex stuck back together at last which should improve things. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on hearing about those fish & chips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts