World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent fished Dunwich for a while thinking about giving it another bash, have anyone fished here lately.:g:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
No, but i would have thought it should do ok during the cod run?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fished yesterday, north beach around 300m up from the car park.

Fished 2 up 3 down, the initial problem was overcating, eventually found small codling up to a pound around 30m out with whiting showing up into early evening.

Used a cascade rig to start with, eventually removing the middle snood to make a 2 hook flapper, as most fish fell to the top or bottom snood with lug taking most fish, nothing on crab and a couple to rag.

Had a similar result 2 weeks ago inc a sole, however last week only had a couple of codling so it can be a bit hit or miss.

No other angler on the beach and just a few walkers out.

Andy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fished there two weeks ago, just below Greyfriars steps. On the Saturday, using lug and squid, I had 7 codling from half pound to one and a half pounds, returned them all. On Sunday I just had one.......a 2 pound bass.......there were several other anglers both there and near Dunwich car park, but the village was so packed I decided to fish Greyfriars.

It was more like a June day than April........loved every minute of it!

S

PS Will be there again in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yo fat boy flounder.This saturday if you fancy some company?
Have you sorted tour light out yet?If not bring it round Thursday night and I'll have another look
Spratty:thumbs: :spiteful:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts