World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snapped my Drennan a couple of weekends ago and have permission to spend £150, Please advise, ideally 13' beach caster..

Let me know your thoughts

cheers in advance

Steve

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Sandstorm or nemesis slr
Odd recommendations, two different rods, one's good, the other's....well, lets just say there are "mixed" opinions on the sandstorm...a marmite rod.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
six plus from kiddy and i belive they are a diawa blank andmine have coped with any thingi have chucked at them toping smutts bassing flounders soles ect

·
Registered
728 Posts
Still some excellent bargains to had on the - now discontinued - IMAX rods. Saw a brand new 5-6 oz for £135 last week, and you could probably bargain that down a bit more. I've always thought they were a lot of rod for the money.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Sandstorm or nemesis slr
u want a sandstorm i have one for u good rods landed me a 17.5lb smoothound, good bite indication casting wieght 4 - 8oz

pm me

·
Registered
179 Posts
Still some excellent bargains to had on the - now discontinued - IMAX rods. Saw a brand new 5-6 oz for £135 last week, and you could probably bargain that down a bit more. I've always thought they were a lot of rod for the money.
Looked at some in a Tackle shop last year at just over £120 - picked one up and couldn't believe how good it felt - certainly looked an excellent rod at an excellent price. I'm comparing with top quality stuff as well, not good budget stuff.

Never used one, but reckon very good value for money - certainly way above Sandstorm for example (IMHO).

Mart.

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Odd recommendations, two different rods, one's good, the other's....well, lets just say there are "mixed" opinions on the sandstorm...a marmite rod.
Exactly what I was thinking!

If I were you Id look for a 2nd hand Century carbon Metal or CCLD, they can be found for around £130, both easy casting rods that will take anything you could throw at them.

Or if you can find one at right price, somthing from the Zzippy range like a 3500 or F2.

But the Penn and super cast already mentioned are also good rods for the money.

Just dont buy a Sandstorm!!! :thumbdown Worst rod I have ever cast by a mile. VERY floppy and extremely over priced considering they are a bag of sh1te. There are rods on the market for £30 that are 100 times better then a sandstorm, I just cant see how they can charge so much for them?... Horribly thick gutless floppy blank, very poor build, fake fugi lookalike guides....And there all yellow, urgh!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts