World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this yesterday off a mail order company it ment to be a super mag extra they have sent me what looks like a old 525 with a new badge stuck on it i can not find theis reel anywere online?

im getting the super mag up and the mag extra but this reel doesnt look like eitha as it has the slidy mag control and not the turn one ? anyone kno what iv got ?
here 3 pic's of what i recieved

were mine says "super mag " on the cross bar all the other ones im findin on the net say "525 mag"
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image005.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image006.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image007.jpg

F

·
0 Posts
Give Gary Caulfield a pm with the serial number of the reel and i am sure he can confirm with you which model it is exactly. Also tell him where you ordered it from.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
il ask him when he gets online cheers mate hope i aint been tucked up s i order a load of stuff from this place...and it was solt to me under the "buy it now super mag extra" 140.00 i give for it

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
the reel u bought should be clearly labeled.
the 525 mag orginal says 525 mag on it, the mag T says 525 mag on it but has a knobby end plate.
the next reel was the supermag and was also clearly labeled.
the mag xtra and supermag xtra are also clearly labeled, and the supermag xtra has the new knobby endplate.

hope this helps, as i cant get the pics to see the reel.
PS

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aww nice back it goes then..140.00 i give for it il play havok on the phone to them you cant sell a super mag marked up for "buy it now mag extra"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Which ebayer did you buy from mate as theres a guy on there that sells reconditioned Abu´s without stating so.

Has your reel got a grinding mark on the top of the reel seat?

·
Registered
477 Posts
aww nice back it goes then..140.00 i give for it il play havok on the phone to them you cant sell a super mag marked up for "buy it now mag extra"
What has been said here is correct.

The Supermag Xtra has the new disc control endplate with the clicker as well.

The Mag Xtra has the standard endplate, with the spare bearings & magnets inside the box.

Both reels have crossbar labels detailing the model, and have boxes with labels detailing the model.

The Supermag Xtra normally sells around £150 I believe, so it would SEEM that you have been sent an original 525 Mag, without the packets of bearing & magnets, but sold as a discounted Supermag Xtra.

Any problems, PM myself or my brother Gary Caulfield

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so have i been tucked up or ?
i have posted pics on my thread at the top of this page...on the box theres a sticker stuck on the box that says "super" and then the mag is printed on the box ?

L

·
0 Posts
You have bought the old (last Year) model Supermag - they retailed (at Veals) for £125. The Supermag Xtra retails for about £150 - and as described has a knob instead of a slider for the mags. It would appear that you have paid fora Supermag Xtra but recieved a Supermag.

Just to confuse you completely Penn now also sell a Mag Xtra that comes with two extra magnet and upgraded bearings that you can ft yourself - if you don't fit them you have the equivelent of the old 525Mag and if you do you have the equivelant of the old Supermag.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Big_Jay,

As David Caulfield has pointed out, it seems that the item was not as described. Have you contacted the seller about this problem and, if so, what was the result?

If he's just made a mistake and puts things right, then fair enough. If not, then please post his Ebay username to help prevent others from being ripped off.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
firstly it aint from Ebay....It's from a established tackle dealer ..www.seatackle.co.uk and also they go by the name of tacklesupermarket.com

iv had the super mag xtra sent out to myself free of charge due to they sent me the wrong reel at a high price, also they sent me costers that were diff colour and also they Fu*ked up on the size of hooks i orderd...just gets better aye...

so i now have a brand new super mag for sale 80.00

L

·
0 Posts
firstly it aint from Ebay....It's from a established tackle dealer ..www.seatackle.co.uk and also they go by the name of tacklesupermarket.com

iv had the super mag xtra sent out to myself free of charge due to they sent me the wrong reel at a high price, also they sent me costers that were diff colour and also they Fu*ked up on the size of hooks i orderd...just gets better aye...

so i now have a brand new super mag for sale 80.00

Aren't they expecting the Supermag back? I'd double check before you flog it!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope they have given it to me as a good will jesture (spelling) it was the least they could do as my order was 300+ quid

1 - 15 of 15 Posts