World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is just me or have others of you found a big difference in they way you have to fish this year?
Take for instance Mackerel, we all know that the best depth for catching them is approx. 6 - 10 feet and around high tide.
Not this year though, every one that I have caught I have had to fish anywhere from 16 - 25 feet down and most have been caught closer to low tide, around high tide I have been lucky to get a bite.
Other fish too seem to be not where you expect to find them.
I am not complaining, for me this is great as you cannot predict where they are so you have to work harder to catch them, and you get a few suprises along the way.
Anyone else found this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes, I think that I can safely say that where the fish are ( + species likely at each time of year), when and what state of tide/weather etc.. is best, is now almost totally unpredictable along the Fylde Coast!!

Phil :g:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Nearly all the mackerel in the Thames estuary have been caught near or on the bottom in depths ranging from 20-50ft water with only the odd few caught up in the upper half of the water. Dont know whether this is normal cos been my first year out on the boat. :sun:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts