World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Haven last night. Just had some doggies and a conger of about 5lb. The fella and his daughter fishing next to me dropped an eel that might have made 20 if he`d got it up the wall ! Nice ray Rob well done.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sounds like you had a great night with the action from that big conger next to you well done :clap3:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
myself and 2 tides ventured down there last night, we fished the other side for about 1 & 1/2 hrs before the pain in my ankle got to much and i had to hobble back........agony! we did manage a few doggies each. well done on the fish i heard that a big fish was dropped while lifting it up the side. it was a lovely night down there, gutted that i had to leave.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh right I wondered if you were lads from here. Wished I wandered down for a chat now! Yeah the fella next to me had no chance really. He had no shockleader and I had to try and haul it up on 20lb mainline. I`d have ducked every cast if I`d known he had no leader...lol. I fish an 80lb leader there so I don`t bother with a drop net. I wondered why you didn`t stay, i packed up not long after anyway. Mind you somw tosser left a nice scratched `Hi` on my car for me down there last night.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
sorry to hear about your car . mindless *****,:uhuh: :uhuh: just went out to check my car , luckily no scratches. was that you with the camo jacket on that walked past as we were leaving? i would have come over for a chat , codking said you were over the other end but i couldnt walk any more than necessery. abit silly not using shock leader. wont be long now b4 that place is out of bounds. tight lines.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
think its lost its tag as the secret mark now eh fellas

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there guys - nice session......
pity about the big eel lost.......

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah that was me KOL. Yeah CK the eel would have been easy with your net I Have lifted a 22lb eel up a similar wall on 80lb leader no worries, but this gut was fishing mybe 20lb straight through !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts