World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not well enough to use our boat Coral Beauty this year so taking up carp fishing with a mission to beat my lifetime PB of a 20lb 4oz mirror which I caught in the early 90's. Christ, how the rigs have changed since then. Luckily I have two sons who know what they are talking about and have advised me how and what rigs to use. Have seen a nice lake not far away from home to try out the new carp tackle that we have just bought and plan on going there shortly.

Not planning on sleepovers but have got a day shelter bivvy so that I can have a rest when I need to. Wife is a brick, she is gutted that we can't go to sea but wants to fish with her own rods so had to also buy her a new one as well as her own license. Going on holiday to Anglers Paradise in august and spending two weeks there. I plan having a bash for a cat fish as I have never caught one and there are some beauty's in there as well as potentially my new PB carp!

Regards

Harry

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Not well enough to use our boat Coral Beauty this year so taking up carp fishing with a mission to beat my lifetime PB of a 20lb 4oz mirror which I caught in the early 90's. Christ, how the rigs have changed since then. Luckily I have two sons who know what they are talking about and have advised me how and what rigs to use. Have seen a nice lake not far away from home to try out the new carp tackle that we have just bought and plan on going there shortly.

Not planning on sleepovers but have got a day shelter bivvy so that I can have a rest when I need to. Wife is a brick, she is gutted that we can't go to sea but wants to fish with her own rods so had to also buy her a new one as well as her own license. Going on holiday to Anglers Paradise in august and spending two weeks there. I plan having a bash for a cat fish as I have never caught one and there are some beauty's in there as well as potentially my new PB carp!

Regards

Harry
Good luck at A,P fab place to go ,watch out for zigs wine tho as you know it can knock you for six lol,and don't mention the marlin record to him ,:eek:fftopic:lots of fab places to fish for carp in links tho sycamore lakes in Skegness are an easy runs water with 20s thrown in .lots of well established day ticket lakes offer big fish up to 25s which I target in the summer down the edge ,most of the stockies that where put in 15 odd years ago have grown up a bit with all that pellet thrown at em lol good luck with your fishing tight lines :victory:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts