World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After getting a few ideas for marks on the north coast for Saturday day/night, we eventually didn't get up there as all plans we're changed by our other halves. So we played it safe and went to my usual haunts as I can normally guarantee fish. Took the Brother-in-law to Queeners to get a few mackerel, and it was a few, spent far too long there, and ended up going to my other mark on the south coast a couple of hours later than i wanted to. Never mind he'll bag up there, not to be!, he ended up with one pollock and one edible crab, I had one mackerel, one dog, and one small pollock and three Edibles. Gutted!! fished til about 2AM Saturday morning and had had enough so buggered off home.

Thought I'd try Whitsand last night for a couple of hours, only had sandeel and squid, 2 rods out, fished til about 8.30 not a sniff along with 2 other guys who'd been there a while without catching anything.

This comes off the back of another blank last Thursday, plugging East of Plymouth.

Not having a good time lately, is anyone else struggling or just me????.

Also if anyone has lost a fairly important piece of kit on Rame Head let me know what it is as I've found it and I shall return it, if not I've got myself a new bit of kit.

Cheers

Manick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your not the only 1 who is strugleing at the mo went hussing last week "1ST" blank and then "2" nights ray fishing and that was dier two at lest it aint raining any more:sun:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you're not wrong about the rain, for now at least anyway!!, Topaz, fancy coming out Saturday night? or will you be a laid up cripple with a babe in arms?!?!??

·
Registered
818 Posts
you're not wrong about the rain, for now at least anyway!!, Topaz, fancy coming out Saturday night? or will you be a laid up cripple with a babe in arms?!?!??
Hmmmmmm, if only... Had the knee op yesterday so not allowed out to play for a bit. Have to wait for the bits to heal and have the stitches out first. Probably be good for a go in a fortnight.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Definately know the feeling!

Spent 4 hours plugging at Port Wrinkle yesterday as I had checked it out at low time the day before and it looked like an ideal bass mark.

Fished from the rocks with shallow divers and surface lures and even tried the beach with tobys and dexters and this is all I got to show for it:

Even then, I foul hooked it, lol.

Seems like I spent all winter looking forward to the better fishing in summer and the reality is that isnt the case at all :doh:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thoroughly agree that things do seem quiet at the moment. South west and north west Cornwall apparently was really quiet over last weekend.

However, there is always the next cast and hope springs eternal. That's part of the reason we all go fishing i think. My partner, Mr, has a great quote from Winston Churchill that he trots out to me occasionally

" when you find yourself going through hell .......keep going."

Here's wishing you great luck on your next trip

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the bloody bass?!?!?! when will they be showing and staying around for more than a day!?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Seems like it is quiet everywhere Nick. There haven't been many reports of decent fishing this year.

The next trip might be that red letter day though, so got to get out and try!!

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Theres plenty of bass around,heard off one of the fisherman that live sandeel is causing carnage amongst the bass population at the moment,and we havent had the "surf" that everyone "reckons" you need to catch bass recently.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They maybe around where you are mate, but they are very patchy here at the moment, still, will be having another bash on Saturday day/night, missus and nipper away might try some new marks!!!

nick

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
They maybe around where you are mate, but they are very patchy here at the moment, still, will be having another bash on Saturday day/night, missus and nipper away might try some new marks!!!

nick
Goodluck mate,keep trying,something will turn up:victory::victory::victory: Has anyone noticed a lack of dogfish recently???????

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely not!!!, lost count at 15 a couple of weeks ago near Fowey (bleddy pain in the arris after a bit, but a fish is a fish i suppose).

Nick

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Definitely not!!!, lost count at 15 a couple of weeks ago near Fowey (bleddy pain in the arris after a bit, but a fish is a fish i suppose).

Nick
Maybe ive been unusualy lucky recently,i dont often fail to catch them dammned doggys!!!.They are good fun when nothing else is about.:victory:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
other than the wrasse sesh the other day, I can't remember the last time I actually caught anything :( Lets hope for a ray or bass this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts